Chapter Thirty-Eight: Don't Do It In the Kitchen Either!

En başından başla

"It's not accurate," I interjected. "It's not you."

Aven had tucked me into his arms. "I know."

The third thing I learned that night? Aven had gotten into a law school in Ontario. It was three hours away from Jasper Bay. One hour away from my own hometown. I was beyond happy for him but that wasn't his dream.

The fourth piece of information I learned that night: Aven had gotten an interview at a law school back in BC. Close to his hometown. His dream school.

I felt that joy for him, of not being rejected and being a step closer to his goal that I knew he worked hard for. To be close to his sister.

Currently, I couldn't help my hand from reaching out and touching his face as his own stroked my hip. Aven pushed his face into my hand. "Stalking me?" He mumbled.

"How is this stalking you?"

"Staring at me has to be an element of stalking,"' Aven squeezed my hip, his hand skimming underneath my shirt to full wrap his arm around me and shift me closer to his body. "Can't believe I'm sleeping with my stalker. I can't believe I allowed my stalker to enter my house—"

What?

"To sleep in my bed."

"What?"

"To wake me up—"

"It was your alarm!" I exclaimed, matching his laugh as he got out of bed. "You're never going to let the Instagram thing go, are you?"

He linked his hands and raised his arms high over his head as he stretched. "Never."

My attention went to his abdomen and the smug expression on his face when he caught me looking made me scowl. I got both versions of them. All. "You better be wiping that smile off of your face."

"Or what?" He walked around the bed.

I swung my legs over, looking up at him. "I'll do it for you."

Aven reached down, taking my hands to pull me up faster than I expected. I almost bumped into his chest, but he had a good hold on me. He lifted me up until we were nose to nose, and I let out a breath at the suddenness of it all.

"Then do it." He whispered, his nose nudging along my jaw to tilt my head up so he could kiss my neck. His strong arms gripped me tightly, each touch driving me crazy as he shifted us towards the door. Aven moved us over to the quiet hallway, not keeping his eyes off me as he before he entered the bathroom and shut the door with his foot.

He set me down on the counter. "You're not doing it, Jaiyesimi."

"Doing what?" I asked, unraveling the red fabric around his head for him and letting it drape across his broad shoulders.

"Wiping the smile off of my face."

I jerked back, ruining the moment even though I would have done anything to do whatever he was thinking. "No, no, I'm not kissing you with stank breath."

Aven burst out laughing, the sound making my heart swell. He dropped his head onto my shoulder before pressing another kiss to the side of my neck. "That's what you're worried about?"

"That's what everyone should be worried about," I said. "You should be too." 

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, bet," He made the motion to dive for a kiss and I swerved him, his lips collided with my cheek. He chuckled against my face, gripping me towards him until I was flushed against his body. Warm hands gripped my thighs, encircling my legs around his waist with the intention to make it known that I could feel his morning erection.