IIX

"Oi, Hyuga!" she heard the Prince call after her, but she didn't stop running nor did she look back.

She looked around her in the Ballroom, realizing that it was much crowded than before. How would she escape? There was hardly any elbow space, for Kyuubi's sake! She glanced nervously at the large majestic clock on the wall. It was 11:53. She had seven minutes to get home. With these heels and dress, she'd need at least ten. Oh, wait. Top that off with a crowded ballroom and she'd need the whole night, tops.

Behind her, Sasuke's voice was getting nearer and nearer. Hinata looked down and saw her dress glowing bright white. It was going to fade. She lifted her skirts.

'Here goes nothing!' she thought as she was swallowed into the crowd. She pushed her way past, tugging her heavy dress along the way. In the middle of the Ballroom, her left heel snapped off and she stumbled. She fell into somebody's arms. Looking up, she saw a certain blond holding her up from under her arms.

"Hey, watch where you're going, Hina-Chan~" he said with a cheeky grin.

Hinata felt her face grow scarlet. She liked his grip on her body, but she didn't have any time to cherish the moment.

"I-I'm sorry, N-Naruto!" she cried, pulling herself away from him. She dashed off once more, carrying her broken high heeled shoe in her hand. Naruto raised an eyebrow, as Sakura skipped over towards him, hugging his arm close to her chest.

"There you are, Naruto~" she giggled. "Let's go help ourselves to some food!"

Naruto watched Hinata as she hurried off, but fixed his gaze upon Sakura once his eyes lost the Hyuga, "Oh, um, of course. Let's go!"

Sakura squealed, as she held onto him closer and began strolling down to the buffet. Sasuke broke into a light jog after losing sight of the mysterious Hyuga Princess. Looking over his shoulder to see if she had ran past him, he bumped straight into somebody, sending them both flying to the ground. Sasuke held his head and opened his eyes, meeting a pair of blue ones; Naruto was hovering over him.

"Oi, Sasu! You alright?" he asked loudly.

"Yeah," Sasuke allowed Naruto to haul him to his feet. Sasuke looked down to see who he knocked over. He noticed a girl on the ground and silently hoped that it was Hinata, but it wasn't.

Sakura held her forehead, "Ai...that hurt!"

Naruto's attention switched over to a fallen Sakura, "Sakura-Chan!"

He knelt next to her and helped her up, glaring at Sasuke, "Apologize, Sasuke! You hurt her!"

"I don't have time for this." the Uchiha huffed as he bolted passed the couple, pushing through the crowd.

Hinata was nearly at the entrance of the Ballroom. Her hear thumped loud and clear in both relief and fear. Would she be able to make it home in time before people would see her true form?

"Hurry.." she heard a voice in her head. She turned around in shock, looking around to see where it had come from.

Hinata's eyes suddenly met a pair of red ones. She opened her mouth when she saw her fairy godmother standing by the doorway. Kurenai's eyes flickered red, as a small smile played on her cherry lips. A tanned man with a cigar stood next to her, his arm around her shoulder.

"Go." Hinata heard the voice say again. It was Kurenai. Although she hadn't said it in real life, as Hinata was watching her the time she hard the voice, yet the fairy godmother's lips weren't moving, let alone making a sound.

Hinata nodded briefly, then hauled her skirts into her hands once more. Realizing that she couldn't hold her broken high heel and gown at the same time, she blindly tossed her glass slipper over her shoulder and used her free hand to assist her other hand in carrying her dress.