Every single time I would be meeting with petrified young women who feared for their lives, not really knowing what was going on or what was going to happen to them. I knew enough about the mating bond to know that if I were even a mile close to her I would feel something and every single woman in the rooms didn't even spark my interest. So I had their minds erased and returned.

And then it happened.

On the last mission that Albericus went on, there was a change in his wolf. Because I'm always attuned to the wolves I hadn't thought much of it, but something about this had stirred the beast and in at a moment of distraction he overpowered me. It was a shock, never in all of history had he ever shown interest in using the powers we were gifted in, he only cared for the brutal strength and causing destruction wherever he could.

And as he tuned in on Albericus I understood the interest. A girl smaller than him was in his arms, his eyes locked in onto her chocolate brown ones as his emotions ran from surprise to bewilderment and even stranger was the need to protect her and bring her to me.

And then I knew she was the one.

I shook my head and focused on the problem or rather more, my problem at hand. Tapping my fingers to a soothing rhythm on my leg I watched as a cloud floated over to the moon covering it and making the sky look mysterious but still you could see the glow behind it, that's what I felt like at the moment, the moon and Vivian was my cloud, except she wasn't blocking me and I wasn't hidden. I was holding her close to me and she wouldn't be able to float away, I wouldn't let her.

"My little cloud." I mused to myself.

Who would have thought the big bad lupus deus would be sappy over a 5'4 brown eyed she-wolf, who was currently chained to my bed probably contemplating murder. She could contemplate all she wanted, it's not like she could kill me.

Speaking of kill, my light humor vanished and the darkness that I always kept locked with me slowly seeped out, the already cold room going below zero and the darkness filling in every corner of the room. I could feel my eyes glow in the dark with the staggering energy welled up in me. While a large part of me wanted to kill Jedediah Calabes for being touched by Vivian, I knew I had to acknowledge that nothing harmful was going on with the simple touch.

But I couldn't help it, just the thought of her touching another male sent me into a path of jealousy at her giving another what was meant for me. But the jealousy was nothing compared to what the mere thought of a male touching her could do to me. Already a volcanic anger grew in me, my canines protruded from my mouth, my chest lifted up and down heaving with anger and hatred to whatever male dared to touch her. The beast fueled the fire by showing me images of tearing apart all those who dared, ripping the flesh from their bone and doing unimaginable things to them.

A humorless chuckle escaped me, just how is it that Vivian, the innocent little thing, would be the perfect match for my savage self? She intrigued me immensely so, I knew I frightened her to a point, but she was good at hiding up to which point, usually I would catch a whiff of fear off of her whenever I did something rash, which was beginning to be a constant thing with her, but just as fast as it came it always disappeared. Even that seemed to give me a strange emotion, did I enjoy her fear? Did I thrive off of it? What exactly did I want from her?

A disturbing feeling grew in my chest. I didn't know what to make of it, but at that same moment the hairs on my body stood on end, the sense of something being wrong when nothing was growing in me, my muscles relaxed and then tensed out of my control. While I didn't recognize the feeling that had to grow in my chest, this body reaction I recognized a little too well.

The beast roared and began fighting for control, thrashing and pushing agent my mental blocks sending a pain so fierce and strong that it would cripple any other.I clenched a hand and spun the chair around back to the desk, pulling open the desk drawer, even in the dark my eyes found the syringe filled with dark purple liquid, I reached in and pulled it out, the needle catching light in the dark room.