Love Hurts ༆/☮︎ (happy ending)

Warnings: death and mentions of abuse

Love hurts, love scars
Love wounds
And marks, any heart

Even after a year. Billy's death haunts me. The way he tried to hide his pain, the weakness in his limbs and they redness in his eyes. I could tell he was scared, after all I was the one who knew him best. I was the one he came to when his dad relentlessly beat him. I was the one he showed a true smile to. I was the one he stole little kisses from.

Not tough or strong enough
To take a lot of pain, take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud
Holds a lot of rain
Love hurts
Ooh, ooh, love hurts

My heart hurts every time I think of that fearful night. Although my cuts and bruises are healed I still feel the memories of them. My legs always feel like they will give way and collapse from under me. My chest feels like someone stomps on it continuously.

I'm young, I know, but even so
I know a thing or two
I learned from you
I really learned a lot, really learned a lot

I'll scream at the top of my lungs the next time someone tells me that I'll forget about him soon because teenage years are like a blur. I observe everyone that knew Billy to see if they look like they'd ever forget.

Love is like a flame
It burns you when it's hot
Love hurts
Ooh, ooh, love hurts

It took me a while to let Eddie in but he's been incredibly understanding. He loves me. I know he does and I can see a future with him . I might not be able to love him the way he deserves, yet he doesn't give up on me, so I won't give up on him.

Some fools think of happiness
Blissfulness, togetherness
Some fools fool themselves, I guess
They're not foolin' me

Eddie always takes me out on dates and makes little jokes to get me to smile and I appreciate him greatly when he does. He's slowly piecing me back together and it is a rush of freedom and a breath of fresh air. "Y/n. I never do all this sappy romance thing but you make me feel like I'm on top of the world. I love you." Eddie says while holding my hands.

I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie
Made to make you blue
Love hurts
Ooh, ooh, love hurts

"I know you miss Billy but I do hope one day I'll hear the words 'I love you' come out of your mouth y/n. I can wait and I will wait, I promise." I was astonished by his beautiful little speech and it gave me butterflies.

I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie
Made to make you blue
Love hurts
Ooh, ooh, love hurts
Ooh, ooh...

"Eddie. That's so sweet and you are incredible. I'd also like to thank you for being the fresh petals on a dying flower. You've never let me down and I love you too." I tell him with tears clouding my eyes.

I leaned in closer to kiss him but stopped as I was a bit nervous. We just stared into each others eyes in comfortable silence for a moment. I couldn't hold back for much longer so I connected our lips.

It's been 2 and a half months and I fall more in love with Eddie every day. I obviously still miss and love Billy. Our love never died with him but stayed with me. That's just the reality, love hurts but it can heal.