Chapter- 19 Working together

Start from the beginning

"That... sir, you were busy and asked us not to disturb you, so I thought you won't meet anyone without an appointment," Smitha stuttered.

"Who are you to decide if I meet someone or not? You are fired, Miss. Smitha, pack your stuff and leave," he stated dangerously.

"I am sorry, Megha," he said as he walked to her and wrapped his hand around her shoulder.

"Sorry, sir, please don't fire me," Smitha started crying.

"No, Karthik, I don't want you to fire her," Megha said, looking up at him.

"But she disrespected you."

"Yes, but don't fire her."

"Then?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Ask her to apologize to me and I want her to receive me at the main gate whenever I come here," she stated.

"You heard it," Karthik remarked looking at Smitha and she nodded desperately and turned to Megha.

"I am sorry, Madam, I will never repeat this again," she apologized and Megha nodded lightly.

"You can go now and next time onwards, tell me before stating anything, and tell them what I said, not what you thought. I hope you understood," he said authoritatively.

"Ok... ok sir," she replied nervously and left. Karthik glanced at Bhushan. He also left, keeping the file on the table, which was in his hands.

"Why is my wife here? Is she missing me?" Karthik whispered huskily in her ear from behind and kissed her nape. She shivered under his touch as goosebumps erupted on her whole body.

He turned her and captured her lips, kissing her in a deep kiss. She patted his chest when she was out of breath and left her lips.

She rested her head on his chest, panting heavily while he wrapped his hands around her waist, dragging her near him.

"What is this for?" She asked, her voice muffled due to his shirt.

"Do I need a reason to kiss my wife?" he replied, playing his fingers on her hair.

"Sorry, Megha, I don't know that you were here," he said sincerely.

"Fuck, I forgot why I came here," she cursed, and he laughed.

She came out of his hold and walked to his desk. He also walked to the desk and hugged her from behind.

"Wait, Karthik, I have urgent news to share," she said and wiggled in his hold.

"Go on," he said, leaning on the desk.

"I have attended the meeting this morning as we decided with the client of that software project and they are asking us to complete the project in one month as per their priorities. I tried my best, but they were not ready to listen so we have to complete the project by the end of this month, and for that we have to work overtime," she informed.

Some time they discussed business and decided to deploy more employees for this project from both companies and personally inspect the work and employees have to work overtime to complete the project on time.

The next day, as managers already deployed the staff, both Sehari and Karthik went to his company staff and informed about working overtime and the benefits for working too. The staff's expressions changed and lost their colors when he informed them about overtime.

But they accepted as they have to.

Then they went to Megha company too and informed the same and her employees accepted overtime happily and said "we will work together to complete this project successfully."