The Last Cupcake

As older brother Samuel and younger sister Samantha were watching television, middle child Samira snuck up behind the sofa. "Oi." she whispered. Samuel said instantly, "What's the new intel?" "Mummy is going to call a-" "Family Meeting everyone!" announced Mrs Lemming as she strode towards the dining table. 

                    Everyone begrudgingly sat down. Mrs Lemming said, "Children, I have something serious to discuss with you. I'm not angry, I just want to know who did it." "Samuel was the one who broke the window!" Samantha blurted out immediately. "You were the one who batted the ball!" shouted Samuel. "Oi." said Samira softly, and the siblings stopped. "Mummy, continue so I can leave.". Mrs Lemming inhaled sharply, and asked, "Who ate the last cupcake?".

                   Silence. "It was Samantha!" "It was Samuel!" both siblings accused in unison. "It wasn't me it was you!" they both yelled at the same time. Just then, something clicked in Samuel's head. "Mum, Samira's been awfully quiet.". "You have no proof!" she said defensively. Samantha said, "That's right! Vanilla cupcakes with pink icing and rainbow sprinkles with gummy cherries are your favourite!".

                   "My favourite is blueberry muffins with vanilla ice cream, jellybeans and milk chocolate!" Samira fired back. Then she said, "Wait, no one has ever observed the cupcakes close enough to remember the decorations. How would YOU know that there was rainbow sprinkles and gummy cherries? Hm?".

                     Samantha said, "I plead not guilty!". "Then what happened to the last chocolate chip cookie huh? It was months after Christmas and it definitely WASN'T Santa." retorted Samuel. As the three began arguing, Mr Lemming got home from work. "Busy day at the Peanut Factory. what's going on Lyra? I heard screaming when I opened the door." he said. Mrs Lemming said, "The children are fighting over who ate the last cupcake.".

                     "So... who DID eat the cupcake?" asked Mr Lemming curiously. "I did." said Mrs Lemming with a smirk. Mr Lemming poked his head into the dining room, then turned back to his wife. "I predict 10 seconds from now the dining room will be a warzone with furniture for forts and Ride of the Valkyries playing in the background." "Good. The house has been too quiet since Samantha learned to form full sentences.".

                      Mr Lemming asked, "But why?" "Someone at the office stole my lunch." said Mrs Lemming. "Wow. You are petty. Are you going to tell the kids?" "No, not yet." "Should we stop them?" "Nah." replied Mrs Lemming. Mr Lemming then poked into the room and back out again. "They're pretty close to the urns." "SAM!! DO NOT KNOCK OVER YOUR GREAT GRANDPARENTS!!!" Mrs Lemming screeched as she dashed into the room.

Author's Note:

Based off the Who Broke It meme.