13.

You grab for his free hand, watching as he takes slow sips of his tea with a worried expression all over his face.

"Jungkook? It's okay I mean... you can tell me, tell me things if it will make you feel better I promise I'll not say anything, I mean who would I even tell? No one knows that I know you!" You shrug your shoulders and give him a small smile.

"But I shouldn't because... because I shouldn't even be here, you have no clue of the shit I'm dragging to your door Y/N... I'm so sorry... I..." he's panicking again; so you squeeze his hand a little tighter with some encouragement.

"Kook..." you whisper, barely even realising yourself that you've used a cute nickname for him.

Jungkook looks up at you again, his eyes wide; "my parents... they... they were killed and..." he swallows deep and you want to say something, you want to say sorry but feel it might be best to just let him talk seeing as he finally seems to be opening up to you a little. Trusting you.

"... after that my brother, he started going off the rails, oh Y/N you should've seen the messes he came home in. I remember the times he came home drunk and beaten to a pulp and..." Jungkook suddenly looks up at you, his face looking like he's seen a ghost and his eyes wider than ever, "... please, please Y/N you can't say anything, you can't ever tell anyone any of this..." he shakes.

You wrap your other hand over the back of his hand you'd already got a hold of; "I would never, never ever tell anyone Jungkook... I promise, I'll keep your secrets... it, it might make you feel better if, if you tell someone else... have you ever told anyone before or?"

"No. No you're the first person, I... fuck why am I even telling you? This is mental!" He smiles with a tiny giggle to himself like he can't even believe any of this is real. "... this is why, why I have to confide in you! I, I've never met anyone I trust and..." he stalls.

You glance at him shyly, "so you finally trust what I'm saying to you is true? I've been trying to tell you since the moment I helped you with your gunshot wound... I would never want to put you in more danger Kook" you whisper, as he squeezes your hand tight.

"I know... I know that more now it's just, when I've never known anyone with any trust you can understand, why this is utterly mental to me? Y/N I don't even know you, you don't know me!" Jungkook sighs sadly but you give him a small smile.

"Then let me, let me know you... let me, help?"

Jungkook lets out a breath, "... I carry too much weight around with all this... this fucking mess! I guess, you did save my life even when I didn't deserve your help, you had no reason to become mixed up in my mess! I can't believe you aren't scared of me, that you actually want to know me?"

"Of course I'm not scared of you! I want to help you..." you whisper it more to yourself than to Jungkook.

"Then I believe you when you tell me I can trust you..." there's a moment between you both of complete silence until you let go of the top of his hand and run your fingertips gently on Jungkook's thigh; he looks up at you with a tiny smile and continues.

"... my brother got involved in gangs, shit! Y/N it was horrendous... the way I watched him decline slowly, losing more of him each day... his whole life revolved around the gang, like I didn't really exist anymore. He started drug dealing and that's when things got proper bad; he brought drugs home Y/N, he put me at risk and even when I tried to make him see the reality, he just couldn't see anything other than the gang! He beat people up, oh he used to beat them so bad, he told me it was people who deserved it but, I'll never really know the truth will I..." his last few words coming out in a breathless whisper.

"Jungkook?..."

"No Y/N I... I've told you so, don't... I mean, my brother he, he ended up working for the mafia here in Seoul and..." he stalls again and sucks in a breath.

"You okay?" You ask quietly; a tension in the room that wasn't there before but it's not a tension that's between the two of you, it's for the situation Jungkook must've found himself in with his brother.

Although he's told you things, although he's opened up, there's nothing to tell you yet why he's in such a position! Why he's in shit that he wishes he wasn't in.

Jungkook blinks at you, slowly nodding a yes; "I think I've said too much..."

"No, Kook... why..." you talk quieter moving a little closer to him; "why are you involved in shit then? Are you involved in those things too?"

Shaking his head rapidly and full of worry or fear, Jungkook stares ahead not daring to look back at you; but you touch the side of his cheek gently, until his eyes fall back on yours. When his eyes look scared, like he's seen a ghost and he pulls his hand from yours, you panic.

Is he going to run again? You make a grab for his wrist; "Jungkook... hey..."

"Y/N..."

"Don't freak out, do you feel a little better for telling me those things?" You smile softly hoping to calm him a little, you can't do with him running away from you again. "Yes... yeah, I... I don't think I should've told you everything but, I feel lighter" he answers shyly, slowly, allowing you to now slide your fingers down his wrist on his hand and intertwine your fingers with his.

He's not running away right now.

You've got to try and keep all his trust and safety if you want to get to know this beautiful complex man!

You suddenly realise how long you've both been here talking and sitting quietly next to each other, glancing up at the clock and seeing it read 4am! Jungkook looks at where your eyes are focused on; "oh wow it's really 4am, shit sorry..."

You're so grateful that you don't have work for a week; suddenly extremely glad, thinking it must've been a blessing that you asked for a holiday when you did at work.

Jungkook moves a little, readying to stand up; "wait Jungkook... erm..."

"It's 4am I think I've been here far too long, I've even interrupted your sleeping now and..."

You smile softly at him as he glances to you again, "stay?"

He blinks and swallows thickly, while he remains silent.

"Please stay Kook?" You whisper.

————————-

So, Jungkook is now opening up a little.

Was you expecting what he's told Y/N???

But how much trouble or danger is Jungkook in and why? How? And is Y/N in danger too?

Let me know what you're thinking 👍😍❤️👀

And please look forward to the next chapter

>>>