10.

You're running a cotton wool ball under the warm tap as Jungkook is leaning on the kitchen counter awkwardly playing with his fingers and Jimin is still sat dead still on your sofa watching over it all.

You take a glance at Jungkook; suddenly taking in what he's wearing! A pair of tight skinny black jeans, black chunky boots, a white shirt tucked into the waist, a white shirt that is now tinged with his own blood, or maybe the other mans blood, who knows and a biker style black leather jacket; a spark of electric travels though your body again as you see him swipe his tongue over the split in his lip. "Hey..." you switch the tap off and move quickly with the warm cotton wool ball in your hand and stop closely in front of him, even after everything up to now, this man doesn't frighten you, "... don't lick at it, that makes it worse, here let me..." you reach a hand out and take hold of his chin, Jungkook looking at you shocked as ever.

"Y/N... you, you don't have to do this, I can do it myself..." Jungkook glares, his eyes wide but you never let go of his chin; "no, you won't do it properly, you think I'm crazy? You'll just wipe at it with the back of your hand and have done, I think it needs a steri-strip to stitch it together, look it's still bleeding... your shirt is ruined..." you stare at his bottom lip as Jungkook swallows and then looks back at you, "it might hurt..." you whisper as you touch the cotton wool to his lip and he lets out a breath, "I've been through worse" he shrugs. But then as you dab a little more at the split in his lip he jolts and sighs, "ouch"

You smile at him, "let me clean it properly..." you hiss and he grabs at your wrist stalling your movements momentarily; it's like the world stops, he stares at you, the skin of his fingertips burning holes in your own skin. His eyes full of something you can't yet place, but everything feels intense; it's broken when Jimin interrupts the scene.

"Are you crazy! Y/N are you fucking crazy! ..." Jimin jumps up from the sofa, his voice an octave higher than normal, his eyes wide in shock as he watches his best friend staring at a total stranger. "Jimin!" You hiss, Jungkook let's go of your wrist and moves away from you a little, "it's okay I'd think this was crazy too... it is crazy!" Jungkook says quietly as you turn your attention back to him.

"You don't know this fucking man! He's brought trouble to your door, he literally said it himself and now you're here fixing his busted up lip and gazing at him as if he put the stars in the sky? What the fuck!" Jimin is almost stuttering, too shocked at everything to understand what was happening.

"Jimin, I need to help him, you... you've always trusted me Jimin, trust me now! Jungkook won't hurt me or us or..." you stop not knowing whether that's a hundred percent true.

"Well, fine, have it your way, I'm going... clearly I'm not needed here while you play nurse to your new friend so... is it even safe for me to leave?!" Jimin glares at Jungkook this time and Jungkook twists to look better at your best friend; "yeah it's... that man he's gone, he won't come here again, at least... not now... I... I'll not let her get hurt" Jungkook says solidly like he knows everything the future holds.

"You better fucking not, you... whatever you are, and by the way... she said let her patch you up, so let her get on with it!..." Jimin shuffles to the door but turns one last time to look at you, "love you Y/N!"

"I love you Jimin, text me when you're home!"

———————————————————————————

Will Jungkook hurt her?
What is Jungkook's job?
Is Jimin in danger?
And is Y/N in danger?