ADOLESCENCE |8|

FATHER DEAR pt 2
third person

——— • Jeremy walked away from the two older men, whatever they were going to discuss he shouldn't eves drop, or else his ftaher might punish him. Wandering, he found himself walking towards a terrace.

"Oh, isn't that boy Jeremy?"

By hearing his name, he looked up and saw Aurum with her mother. Amber eyes stared at him with wide eyes, "Jeremy, what are you doing here?" She asked.

The tilts his head, "Just wandering around, lord Nerium is with my father," he said before walking up the stairs to the terrace. Aurum pats the chair besides her and invites him to sit.

Ninguang let out a chuckle, "Is that so? How curious. We've been thinking of a topic lately and you've just given us the right tea, I must thank you for that, boy," the woman said with a delighted smirk.

Her daughter stares at her with a straight face, "Weren't you just talking about the idea of Jeremy staying at our territory?", She said in her head.

The woman looks around for any prying eyes and unwanted ears, thankfully there were non. She looks back at Jeremy with a cunning smile, she leans her chin on her hand, "Boy, tell me...what do you think of the Agriches?"

Jeremy was takem a back by that question, "Pardon?"

"You fell in love with the enemy, I just wonder if you ever changed because of that?", She pushed. The daughter tgen found out what her mother was thinking and immediately tries to stand up, but a hand garbs her arm.

"Aurum..."

The said girl sighs and sits down.

"Ahaha! "Aurum" in the day and "darling" during the night, how naughty~", Ninguang teased. Aurum looks away, trying not to act bashfully but fails otherwise.

Jeremy also looks at his lap, guilty.

"What do you really need from me, lady Ninguang?", He asks.

The woman's red eyes narrowed as she smirks, opening her fan, and hides the bottom oart of her face. "I want the Agriches gone."

Jeremy was not surprised of that, many wants his wretched family gone in this world. Other families might be no better, but the Lapises...

"They have a personal grudge on us...", He peeks at the woman's eyes, he can feel it. The fire in her eyes. "No...."

"You have a grudge on my father, isn't it? Are you perhaps try to use me against him?", He asked bluntly. Aurum grabs his shoulder, "Jeremy I—"

"If my daughter was only using you, then yes... I'd use you too. But my Aurum is genuine about you, she cares for you, so I can't do that~"

The couple infront of her feels their cheeks warm up as they hold hands under the table. Aurum thought that she shouldn't force Jeremy to do it, but the boy has already thought of it a long time ago.

"So, what do you say, Jeremy Agriche?"

The said boy squeezes his lover's hand and looks up to Ninguang with a serious expression. "Destroying the Agriches is a dream I share with my sister, so I ask you to use me as you see fit."

Aurum looks at him with wide eyes, "Jeremy..."

The second night devoured Windrasil, just a day left before everything cimes into place. The Lapis couple sits on their bed as they stare outside the window, enjoying each other's lovely presence.

"How did it go with the Agriche boy?", Nerium asks.

Ninguang hums, "He agreed. He said to use him as I see fit but I don't think I'd do that...he knows what he's doing already...", She replied.

"How about Lant? Did that rat agree?"

...there was silence.

Nerium leans away and wraps his arms around his wife's waist, they two then leans down to the bed with Nerium's face buried on Ninguang's neck.

He chuckled, his deep voice vibrating, "He did, after a few minutes of silence amd drinking tea..."

"He thought about it that long?"

Nerium nods, "I did made him think that I was spoiling Aurum just because she loves his son. He probably thought that Jeremy is still loyal to him like his daughter Roxana..."

Nerium Lapis, an intelligent and cunning man, he's manipulative and dangerous. The Agriches are a threat to him and his people, he must protect them, for it is his duty, his will, and the contract's will.

Lant thought if he made the right decision, announcing to the public of Jeremy officially courting Nerium's daughter. Who would they think as the fool?

Him or Nerium?

A villainous human or the descendant of a god?

Either way, he needs to talk to Jeremy tomorrow first thing in the morning. The boy needs to be properly educated, even if it means breaking his mind and become an obedient puppet, he'll do it...

Tomorrow, everything will change.

→→→→→→→
• Yes everything will change because I won't be following the canon storyline, I'll be following my own storyline.

• Love and scheme is in the air this time, how about my readers, how's your love status?

• Me? Eheh! Sometimes I regret falling for a social butterfly, because I can't tell if they like me or just being themselves (being nice to everyone) 🥲.