ADOLESCENCE |1|

A Sapphire In The Rough
jeremy agriche

--- • Jeremy Agriche slashed the image of his sister, and then "Roxana" fell down to the floor, bloodied. The young man, now 18, grunted. He hated doing this test, he has already slashed the illusion of his older sister too many times now.

"Can't they give me something much more harder?", He complained. Three years really did something to him, he grew taller, built more muscles, his voice got deeper, and he also got more handsome.

In other words, puberty hit him like a meteorite.

He brushed his hair back with his long fingers and rested a hand on his hip while he leaned on his right leg.

An image appeared Infront of him, a woman with long, dark brown hair and amber tips, red stained lips. She wore the traditional Lapis family clothing...only a bit unnecessary, and she wore a warm smile...

Jeremy just boredly looks at it, he clicks his tongue in disapproval. It looks nothing like her, the way she smiles isn't the same, and she would never wear a sultry dress like that.

Jeremy raised his sword, and easily "killed" the illusion. He narrows his sapphire-like eyes furiously...

"I'm right aren't I, darling? Your eyes would shine like gold...like you always will in my memories", Jeremy said to no one, though he himself thought that was talking to her.

Jeremy walked out of the room, his father watched him. Lant grunted, "Next time, stop getting distracted during your missions... don't think about that dead, useless girl...", he advised strictly.

Jeremy didn't answer, he ignored his father and went on his way to his room. No, it was her previous room, now turned to his after with a lot of begging.

Jeremy walked over to the whole body mirror. He looks at himself, alas, his baby face was finally gone. He observes his now long hair...

"Would you like it shorter or would you like it long? So you could run fingers in them?", He asked and he brushed it to un-tangle the strands. It wasn't exactly long, but it was long enough to say that he didn't copy his older brother.

Defined not.

He flicked the long earing on his right ear, it was tge only accessory he wore for three years, never changing it even if it didn't match his outfit.

He stared at himself in the mirror, sharper eyes, a tall and lean body, and he somehow...he managed to earn a snatched waist.

Not too much, not too small, just the right fit to his body.

He smirks, over alk he looked extremely hot. He's sure that Aurum would like it, she might even love it. But he wonders, what if it was too much?

That was fine too, he wants to see her flustered...

He tried multiple things, wondering if if Aurum would like his appearance. For three years he tried to be better, much more attractive, and somehow much more calmer...

But he wouldn't be able to calm himself if he meets Aurum again.

Just like now, though it was a sorry excuse of an illusion it still reminded him of her. Everything today reminds him if her, because it's the aniversary of their parting...