Chapter |11|

Jeremy gone mad

Aurum's POV:

|• "Cassis?!", I watched as Jeremy pulled on Cassis's collar, bringing him close. But before Jeremy could attack him, he broke the chain and jumped back.

Cassis landed infront of me, "Aurum, what are you doing here?!", he asked worriedly before grasping my shoulders. "You're...fine...right?", I stuttered out.

Glancing down at my clothes, his yellow eyes narrowed slightly, as if getting an idea on what happened to me.

"Aurum! Get away from her you bastard!!!", hearing Jeremy's voice made me look behind my causin. Jeremy picked up a sword near him and threw it at Cassis's back.

"Watch out!", As I pushed him out of the way I swiftly caught the sword's blade between my left hand's fingers before throwing it back to the air, catching it with my right when it landed.

"Aurum, go back to your room!"

I glared, "Not until you tell me why my causin's out of his room!"

I held the sword tightly.

Cassis came up beside me and gave me a quick hug. I looked up to him, hugging him back with the same amount of tightness. "You're ok, right?", I asked.

"I should be the one asking that. Thank Morax you're safe", he whispered, cradling my head.

I took a peek at the angry blue haired boy, who was fuming with anger. His eyes were like a wild cat's and his fangs were showing, veins popping out of his skin from the anger.

"Goddam bastard! Get your filthy hands off of my fiancée"

My heart almost stopped when he yelled that. Cassis doesn't know doesn't he-

"Fiancée??? Aurum what is he talking about?", Cassis asked me, eyebrows furrowed in confusion as his eyes scanned me for answers. "Cassis, I'd love to explain but we need to-"

"I said hands off of her, you Padelian bastard! Hah! Let's see if you can still hold her after this!"

We seemed to have angered Jeremy more as a guard suddenly yelled for hin to stop. Then suddenly, a large spider-like insect came out and started attacking everyone.

Cassis immediately shielded me with his larger body, "You..WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

Jeremy laughed menacingly, "Since it's time to feed the magical creatures, I jave to do my job", he said. A crazed look on his face, I scowled...

This isn't the Jeremy I spent my days in this household, or maybe this is a side that I haven't seen yet...

Cassis immediately took action and went to fight the monster, I followed behind him, going under the spider's body and cutting off the sharp needle like legs off, causing it to fall to the ground.

Casiss jumped to the air, then striking down fast, slaying the monster.

"Wow! You cockroache-like guy, you're still alive and whole"

Cassis glared up at Jeremy, who wa shanging upside down from a branch.

"Is it because your restraints aren't bad?"

He sat on the branch.

"Well, whatever. It turned out OK. And Aurum's unscathed, so I'm pleased", he said happily, his fangs showing as flowers suddenly bloomed behind him. My eyebrow twitched, are you on your bi-polar pill today?