ADOLESCENCE |2|

Dragon's Treasure
aurum lapis

--- • The five families of this region has their own land, each has their own quirks and originality. The Lapis house though lives high in the cold mountains, most people would assume that the weather would be full of sunlight, but the mountains are covered in thick snow.

Though it rarely ever storms, the falling snow was enough to keep their treasure hidden.

Dragons are protective and possessive of their treasures, everyone are aware of that.

"The yearly gathering is nearing, we need to choose who to accompany the master," one of the clan elders announced.

One of the elders nodded his head, "Is it not obvious? The master is going to bring the young lady with him...", He commented.

"You mean the heir who got captured by the Agriches? Such a disgrace, we should pick a better heir." One of them said.

"Yang Wen! Do not speak about the young lady like that!", One of them defended. Yang Wen, instead of staying humble, furrowed his wrinkly eyebrows.

"How can I not? She should've assassinated Lant Agriche when she had the chance! But instead she went off amd be-friended her own captor!", He yelled.

Everyone in the throne hall became quiet, no one argued back, and that made Yang Wen frown in victory. Except for the young-looking young man in the corner.

"Yang Wen, what contribution have you done for the house?", He asked boredly.

The said man flinched but did not break his arrogant composure, "Master Xiao, please excuse me, but I am the head on the clan's treasury! Naturally I provide Billions of money and treasure to our house!", He said proudly.

Xiao clicked his tongue, "Does that include the money you stole from the lower branches?", He asked passively.

Everyone's eyes turned to the elderly man, their eyes pierced his solid composire as it slowly crushes down.

Ying Wen began to sweat nervously, "Master Xiao, please don't be ridiculous! I would never do such thing—"

"You even used the clan head's name to excuse yourself from discrimination...", Xiao put his foot down. The whole hall was quiet again, no one dared to talk back to the adeptus who lived years longer than them.

The silence was broken when the announcemer opened his loud mouth, "The young lady of the house has arrived!", He prolonged.

The impact of his voice caught everyone's attention, and everyone stood up in respect. From the guards to the servants, everyone bowed down as the double doors creaked as it opened.

And there she is.

Wearing appreciate clothes for the meeting, Black and golden business styled traditional clothes. Amber eyes that glows and long brown hair that could even reach the floor flowed behind as they walked on the red carpet.

How majestic, the god's descendant is.

Xiao's eyes observed her, for generations he had properly trained the previous leaders. From Morax's son to Aurum, he can always feel that warm sensation in his heart when he sees them grow.