Chapter 8

~~One Week Later~~

Hannah's P.O.V

Guess what? I'm actually kind of happy right now because I got my cast off. I'm literally jumping up and down on my bed. I went for the check up and it was fixed. The doctor was shocked. But what can I say I'm a quick healer!

Ok, so I know I probably shouldn't be mad at Luke for kissing Katie at the basketball match last week because he isn't my boyfriend. I'm playing it off that I'm annoyed at him for moving in on my best friend even though she kissed him first. I guess I don't like the concept of my two best friends going out. I've told Katie since that I really like Luke as before I'd only told Tara. She apologised and said she had no idea. I could tell she felt really guilty so I forgave her.

We're back to school in a week. That should be fun. It means I can't keep ignoring Luke completely anymore. He calls about five times a day if he's not in my house hanging with the boys and also trying to confront me. His texts are constant though.

I've talked to Jai and told him that I really liked Luke and I was more upset than anything else. He thinks I should talk to Luke but I disagree.

I've been over at Luke's house talking to his mom as she has always been like a second mother to me. Ever since my mom left for America to help her mother run her bakery as she's gotten very frail these past few years. I'd go over in the morning and talk to Mrs Brooks. We'd talk about anything really. She knows about what's going on between me and Luke and she understands completely.

Tonight the girls (Tara and Katie) are coming over. They should be here any minute now.

*Ding-Dong*

I run downstairs tripping over the last few steps and falling flat on my face. I stand up and look around making sure nobody saw while fixing my hair. I go over and open the door and give each of them a hug saying "hey". They returned the favour. "Bye Donal" I shouted at Tara's brother who was still parked in my driveway after dropping the girls off. I closed the door before he could respond.

The girls followed me up to my room and got into their pyjamas as I was already in mine.

"So what movies do you want to watch?" Asked Katie

"Harry Potter marathon!" Tara and I shored simultaneously. We grinned and hi-fived each other. Katie groaned as we always do this but she didn't object.

So that's how we spent our night.

~~Later that night~~

Daniels P.O.V

One week! That's all the time I had before I had to go to America. I was laying in bed thinking about the conversation I had with my mom over the phone the morning after the boys all woke up in my house.

*Flashback to Phone call*

"Hello?" I asked after answering my phone.

"Hi Daniel" replied my mother's voice "how are you?"

"I'm very good" I replied " and how at you keeping?" I asked genuinely curious as I hadn't heard from my mom in a couple of weeks.

"I've been better. Your grandmother has become much frailer and more ill these past few weeks" she started "I need to be with her much more now and I'm finding it hard to run the bakery as well. I need you to come over and help me". I never really knew my nana so it would be tough getting to know her in her last few weeks.

"I don't want Hannah missing school so she is not allowed come, ok?" My mom continued.

"Who will mind her" I ask. Our dad died of a rare cancer when we were kids so we never really knew him.

"I thought you could ask Mrs Brooks. She was always very kind to you as kids. Oh! She still is." my mother said answering my question.

"Ok." I say agreeing to going to America and helping to run a bakery.

"I will see you in two weeks then Daniel. I love you. Tell your sister I love her too but she needs to finish her education"

"I Love you too mom. See you then"

*Back to Present*

Hannah had asked me what's the matter. I had told her nothing because I wanted to sort things out first. Now I needed to start sorting things out. So I started my plan in my head.

In all honesty, I really wanted a friend to come with me to America. For moral support mainly. I think I will ask James to come with me. I hope he's able to come as its only a weeks notice!

Mrs Brooks has always told me if I needed any help she was always only a phone call away. I will ask her if she can possibly look after Hannah for a few weeks because I'm needed in America. I mean its not like Hannah can't take care of herself. It's more for my benefit so that I'm not worrying all the time.

And with my decisions made, I turned over and went to sleep.

-A/N- Don't forget to leave us comments with anything we can improve on :) x Thanks