Chapter 6

Hannah's P.O.V

It was now roughly 8pm. Beau, Luke and Jai stepped out of the car that had pulled up outside. They all had their overnight duffel bags slung over their shoulders laughing over something that Beau had done. The doorbell rang and I skipped down the hall way to the front door. I gave them all a hug using my left arm as I had the cast on my right. I may have lingered a couple of seconds longer with Luke's hug. But hey, who's counting?

After the boys dumped their bags at the foot of the stairs they followed me into the sitting room. They surveyed all the pillows and blankets in a pile by the couch and gave me I weird look. I shrugged innocently while saying "I thought we could build a fort?" More of I question then a statement. Jai and Beau nodded grinning happily while Luke smiled at me saying "Sounds fun".

We moved the couches around while listening to the radio which was playing some new hit songs. The couches got put back to back but a metre or two away from each other. A blanket was then strewn across them making a roof but it didn't go the whole way down the couches as there was a gap at the front creating a perfect view of the TV when we lie down. We lay the pillows on the ground in our attempt at a fort to create a mattress. The rest of the blankets we're kept for covering ourselves later. The boys had to do most of the work considering the fact that my arm wasn't usable at the moment.

"I think that will do for our fort" said Beau as he looked at his handy work. We all nodded in agreement. Daniels car pulled up into the driveway and the engine was cut. A couple of seconds later we heard a car door slam and the key being slid into the lock on the front door. Daniel walked through the door wiping his feet on the mat carrying plastic shopping bags. He kicked the door shut behind him.

"What yah got there?" I ask going over to peer into the bags.

"Goodies" states Daniel "such as micro popcorn, chocolate and crisps and more chocolate. Oh! And some cans of coke" he concludes.

"Are you trying to fatten us up for poaching season or something" I ask sarcastically. The others snicker behind me while Daniel shakes his head and laughs.

He carries the bags into the kitchen while taking a sneaky look at our fort on his way by. His eyebrows rise as if he's shocked that its so good.

"Alright let's get this party started" shouts Jai as we make our way to the fort and get comfortable.

I'm laying beside Luke snuggled into his side with his arm around my waist. The others look at us eyebrows raised while my cheeks turn a beet red. I idiotically allowed the boys to choose the movie so we ended up watching some horror movie. I kept my head buried in Luke's chest the whole time because I was scared. Every so often Luke's grip would tighten around my waist and then he would jump at something that happened in the movie. Personally I found it cute that he got a fright and wasn't acting like Beau and my brother pretending not to be scared. However he didn't go and scream like a baby girl like Jai did on multiple occasions.

When the movie was over we all stretched contemplating on what movie to watch next when James walked in. He smiled at us and carried my all time favourite movie ; The Vow

Daniel went and got popcorn while the rest of us got comfortable again. My head was on Luke's chest. His arm once again around my waist. Daniel came back with popcorn and hit play. We all took a handful and chewed quietly while paying attention to the movie.

The last thing I heard was the steady beat of Luke's heart which put me into a comfortable deep sleep.

Luke's P.O.V

The credits to the movie rolled onto the screen. I looked down at my chest to see Hannah sleeping peacefully. Someone knocked out the lights and I readjusted the blanket covering Hannah and I and pulled just that much closer. I fell asleep with a peaceful, gorgeous Hannah in my arms.

~~Next Morning~~

I woke up and looked at my surroundings recalling last night events with a smile playing on my lips. I looked down at Hannah to see her eyes fluttering open. She smiled at me and I returned it. We both got up to see all the boys except Daniel still asleep.

We walked into the kitchen to meet Daniel coming off the phone looking troubled. I guess Hannah noticed too since she asked "What's the matter?" genuinely interested in what was troubling her brother. Daniel looked at her and I for a few seconds before answering her question with a simple "nothing".

Hannah left my side and went and gave her brother a hug.

Daniel's P.O.V

I know I'll have to tell her soon about what that phone call was about but do I really need to tell her this soon. I mean she'll be worrying about it for the rest of the spring break. I think I'll forget about it for the rest of this week and address the problem then.

I pecked the top of Hannah's head releasing her from the hug and turned around to finish making the tea.