Chapter 4: An angel who judges and a devil who strategizes

A boy with black-white hair walked down the street. The white crystal on his forehead glowed as he wandered around. After hearing a noise, he turned around and saw a blond man with black wings and an identical boy with black-white hair.

In the distance was a brown-haired man holding a katana, a green-haired man in a suit, a white-haired man missing one arm, and a black-haired elf wearing a blue coat.

"Thy sins shall be purged, mindless phantom", Kensei said as his spear generated red sparks.

"I just need to stay close, right?" Solen asked.

"Yes. But before we start the battle, I would like to warn you to not get too close unless you want to be caught in the crossfire."

"Okay."

Meanwhile, Elcared sat down on the ground while Makoto looked up at the sky. Seishiro was staring at where his missing arm should be while Kisuke was trying to figure out some numbers.

"I'm betting around three minutes", Kisuke spoke up.

"Nah. He'll last around four minutes", Seishiro told him.

"I'm giving that kid more credit and say four and a half", Makoto said.

"Oh? Is that an honest assessment or are you being biased, Masamasa?" Seishiro asked.

"The False versions of ourselves are exact replicas. They are based on our current combat abilities and our personalities. I trained that kiddo so I know he can last four and a half minutes."

"Are you sure about that? When have I been wrong in my assessments?" Kisuke smirked.

"In those times, you have your devil abilities. This time, you can only observe with your own eyes and you have no means of acquiring additional information. I'm confident in this one."

"Then allow me to make a bet too", Elcared joined in.

"Oh? Eruru is making a bet?! This is exciting!" Seishiro beamed.

"This should be fun. What's your prediction?" Kisuke asked.

"It'll be over in less than a minute. Maybe even less than 30 seconds", Elcared said.

The three of them gulped down when they heard Elcared's words. He rarely made bets but when he did, he won one out of four times. It meant that Kisuke, who was an expert in processing information, had a 25 percent chance of losing against Elcared.

"It's starting", Elcared's words made them focus on the battle.

False Solen lunged at Kensei who was standing still. And in the next second, his Executioner glowed as the air and earth trembled from the sheer power coming out of Kensei's body.

"Under my authority as the Judgment Angel, I judge thee to be..."

Red flames came out of Kensei's spear along with red sparks. The wind howled erratically and the earth he was standing on began to crack.

"GUILTY!"

And then, everything in front of Kensei was reduced to nothing as a large burst of red flames came out. The force was strong enough to wipe out a whole kilometer away and the city was cleaned up.

"I win", Elcared smirked.

"H-How?! Kensei doesn't normally use his Retribution at the start of a fight!" Kisuke asked.

"That's not his Retribution. Normally, Lost Justice takes a long time to charge up but he only had less than thirty seconds. It's not even a fraction of its true strength", Seishiro said.