Chapter 37: Forgive Me, Pharaoh (Pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

"Jane . . ." Yami whispers as Jane moved the first night in your hotel where you were crying. Missing your future, afraid of compromising the past with your own existence, and mostly because you were alone in all of this. Jane the cat was trying to reassure you it will all be okay while Astral made his first appearance in this memory. Everyone got to see Astral since it was Jane's memory that she was able to see Astral completely. Watching the two of them make you remain strong to hack into Kaiba's Battle City Tournament to get closer to everyone. "That sneaky little –" Yami glared at Kaiba before he could even finish talking his shit about you when he was in the room. Kaiba clicked his tongue and didn't dare finish what he was going to say.

My lady did what she needed to do for her own sake in this time period. I was a useless guide with no recollection of my own memories or who I was truly. I could only be of some use during some of the situations we went through. Also your stuff is so easy to crack. You seriously need to upgrade your security system.

Kaiba squints his eyes at Jane who showed the journey of yours with the group. All the way to the point where it ended up showing the aftermath of the duel against Yami Marik. Showing cat Jane waking up in a house on an unfamiliar bed of someone's bedroom.

I didn't know this room or where my lady was. I was still trying to remember what happened after the duel with Marik. When I saw the same young boy who called out to my lady the day we were sent back to the past.

It showed a goofy middle school kid with violet and magenta pink weird hair, possessing a set of magenta eyes that sparked with glee when he saw cat Jane awake. He was just walking into the room and he quickly ran over to cat Jane.

"Oh thank god you are awake!" This young boy carried me in his arms. Acting like he knew me but I had no clue who he was. He had a goofy big smile on his face, full of kindness and joy. Similar to how Joey smiles. "You have no idea how scared we were when we found you with (Y/n)! She was holding onto you for dear life when we found her! We thought you were a goner!" He held me close to his chest. I just accepted his sudden embrace. "You're Yuma right?!" I assumed since she always compared Joey to this Yuma boy she was dear friends with in the future. "What happened to my lady!? Do you know where she is?! " I pestered the poor boy with questions. The kid then had the audacity to drop me just like how my lady dropped me when we first met. "Holy crap you can talk!?" He was surprised that I could speak. I forgot that it was not normal for cats to speak but also I was more shocked that he was able to even see me at all. My lady only allowed people she cared for to see me. It confirmed my suspicions that he knew my lady on a personal level.

"Yeah. I am Yuma, Yuma Tsukumo. I am a friend of (Y/n)." He quickly went to pick me back up "Sorry. I didn't expect you to talk." He apologized with a sincere smile. Astral appeared beside him "I don't see why you are surprised, Yuma. I am a being of an alien race and can talk. But you are more surprised by a cat talking than me." Astral observes Yuma with curiosity, Astral turns to me "It has been a while Jane. It is good to see you awake and well." I was a little confused when he said it had been a while when we were just in a duel against Marik. I had even more questions to ask. Yuma growls and he glares over to Astral "TV shows always show aliens that have supreme intelligence and can always talk. Cats talking isn't something often seen everyday you know! You didn't even tell me once that Jane was a cat! I thought she was some ghost or alien like you this entire time!" Yuma snaps at Astral. Astral took a moment to think over the last set of conversations he had with Yuma "Oh. I guess I did forget to mention that. Oh well." Astral shrugs "OH WELL?!" Yuma exclaimed and sighs out of frustration. "Observation 112: Humans do not have talking animals on their planet but believe in aliens." Astral thought out loud which made Yuma groan in annoyance as he tried to whack Astral to go away but it was a hopeless effort. His hands only went through Astral's body.