Files & Events. Part II/II (REVISED)

En başından başla

We started leaving the place, Esther was already inside of the car hiding when we heard the police sirens from the distance.

"Shit!" Ben said while the cops arrived and pointed their guns at us. Esther, Candice, Alex and Avi, which were already inside the car, were stopped by the police and slowly got out.

"We found them! SURRENDER NOW!" one of the cops said while Ben and Kevin put their hands up. I immediately did the same.

"Mitchell?!" I heard what I didn't want to hear the most. My Grandma was there, with Rick and Mars. "Is this what you were hiding from me?!" her eyes were flooded with tears. "You're a criminal!" she stared at me. "They robbed my house and it was YOU who helped them! You were the one who stole the files from my desk!"

"ENOUGH GRANDMA, ENOUGH! I'M TIRED OF THAT, YES, I'M A CRIMINAL IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW! THEY'RE A PART OF ME AND IF THEY GO TO JAIL THEN I'LL GO TOO. I WON'T LEAVE THEM!" I said, running towards a policeman. "TAKE ME! I'M NOT AFRAID!" I yelled, trying to grab the handcuffs while the policeman handcuffed Ben. He then shoved me when I finally grabbed them, making me let them go.

"Don't say that, Mitchell. You're coming back with me, to our house and you'll stop seeing these people." my Grandma said.

"You can't do that, I know what I want for myself." I was about to continue when I heard two more cars arriving. When I left the house, I stayed outside, watching them entering the police's cars, one by one. I then saw Scott, handcuffed and looking at me. "My love..." he was looking at me what seemed to be upset, but his face changed once I said those words. "I'll get you out of this..." I approached him and hugged him, making him kiss my cheek. The cop quickly pulled him and basically shoved him inside the car. "LET HIM GO, YOU IDIOT!!!" I yelled, punching the cop's back while another one pulled be my the arms.

"Let's go home, Mitchell!" my Grandma said, pulling me. I quickly freed myself, looking at her.

"You can't let them go to jail!" I said, moving the hair from my face.

"They're criminals!!!"

"THEY'RE MY LIFE!!!!" I yelled, not knowing what else to say.

"Your life will start when you arrive home and follow my demands!" she said and I ironically laughed.

"Sit down and wait." I raised an eyebrow and entered the damn car. I wanted to escape, but I wasn't able to once they locked the doors. I was silent, not crying and keeping a straight face: I needed to talk to someone, and that someone had to be Mike. Mars seemed worried with me but she didn't say a word as well. And it was better that way, or else I could've get angry at her.

"You'll go back to college." my Grandma said while Rick drove.

"I'm not one to go to college. I'm not going back, whether you like it or not. And if not, let me go with them!" She didn't say a word afterwards, while Rick kept driving.

******

I got home and I started kicking everything that stepped in my way. I didn't speak to anyone and went straight to the guest room, while Mars and my Grandma followed me.

"Mars exchange rooms with you and..."

"No, no she's not. That room is hers, not mine. She lives here, I don't." I said, calmly and they stared.

"Whatever. I'll be downstairs, I'm gonna call the embassy." she said and I turned around. Mars didn't look at me and left as well.

I grabbed my phone and called Mike.

Mitch: Hello?

Mike: Mitch! How are you? I saw the news, are you okay?

Mitch: I hate being the Queen's grandson! I need you to do me a favour. Will you take the risk for me?

Mike: Of course. Anything.

Mitch: Scott and the guys were arrested. Give them some attention, please. I'll write a letter, and I want you to hand it to Scott. And please clean their house, not a deep cleaning: just somethings they left out of place.

Mike: Are you sure?

Mitch: Never been surer. I haven't talked to Scott since... well... you know. I'm not gonna let things stay like this for long.

Mike: What are you thinking of doing?

Mitch: I'm gonna change myself. I changed a lot, but I need more. I got to go now, if you need anything call me. I'll meet you tomorrow to give you the letter.

Mike: Whatever you want, darling. See you tomorrow, sleep tight. I adore you.

 Those words. How I loved to hear them, although they kinda sounded like an animal warming up its children.

All I could think of was Scott.

And my change... because now, I needed a change. An even bigger one.