"Better be worth spending my money, Ellie."

I want to call her darlin' again. That felt good.

She slurps on her milkshake. "Every penny."

Our next stop was the movies for the next 6 hours. 3 movies. After that we grabbed more food and I took her out to the field trying to teach her how to use the bat.

Still no luck. At least she understands baseball.

After that I took her out to one our parents empty properties and I turned up the radio. We took the blankets and pillows I had stored for days like these and put them on the bed of my truck.

We layed there watching the sun go down and seeing how the stars were starting to glow. I wasn't touching her or holding her but I wanted to so bad. She looked so peaceful and full of grace.

I think back to all the pep talks Beau and Harper had given me. They were right.

I bring her onto my chest and she comfortably adjustes but she feels tense. She feels like this time is different too. I can feel that she's scared.

And hell, I am too.

I slowly brush her arm up and down with the tips of my fingers but I don't look at her. My heart beat is saying enough on its own.

"Uhm, so are you ready for states tomorrow?" She asks me.

I can't think about that right now. "Yeah." is all I answer.

"You'll have to lend me your other jersey." She remind me. The image of that makes me tingle. She always looks so great. No matter what. But the sight of her in my clothes is like no other.

"I will." I promise.

Ellie Carpenter

I can't be feeling what I'm feeling right now. I feel his heart beat fast, making mine do the same thing.

This isn't real, this isn't happening.

Holy shit.

Chase Sullivan

I pull her up so her face is near mine. "Ellie." I warn her. "I'm going to kiss you."

She lightly shakes her head. "I'm scared." She whispered. "What if-"

"Stop thinking." I tell her but I think I mean that for me too. I press my lips on hers. And I swear to you even with my eyes closed I can see fireworks setting off.

I've kissed other girls but nothing compares to this. Her lips feel soft and they taste like strawberries. She's kissing me back.

She's kissing me back.

I press harder and she opens her mouth to do the same thing. Is this what Heaven feels like?

My hands hold her head while hers lie against my chest. Her hands slide up into the bottom of hair and plays with it. I have to stop this.

Not because I want to but if I don't this might go too far. I pull away and immediately give her forehead a kiss, letting her know that I don't regret a second of what just happened.

But maybe she does.

She puts her head on my shoulder I feel a smile curving. Yes.

"Be my girlfriend, darlin'. Be mine." I whisper. "I want to take you to every damn corner in this town and show you off."

My heart is still racing 100 mph like how I was driving earlier. Until I hear a gentle. "Okay."

"Okay?" I ask. Not sure if I heard her right.

"I'll be your girlfriend, Chasey." She says looking at me. "Under one condition. Or two."

"Hit me with them."

"Whatever happens, we will always be best friends."

Easy. "Deal."

"And you'll let me do and post whatever I want on social media if it means making me famous."

Not so easy. "As long as you can promise me to show me first and that you will be careful."

Ellie nods. "I promise. Now, do we agree?" She asks putting her hand out.

I roll my eyes and pull her back onto me. "Come here you crazy girl." I say against her mouth before kissing her laugh away.