Part 3

Just friends... Right?

It's been a few days since I've seen Siren, but God, I can't get her out of my head.

I know she's my friend and I love her but I'm beginning to rethink the friend part.

"She's definitely more than that," I said to myself.

I've never questioned my sexuality,I'm only sixteen. There's a lot of things I don't know about love and how it works. Maybe I'm just in over my head it's probably nothing. I'm overthinking again.

I just need some fresh air,I should take a walk outside.

I smiled as my lungs filled with the beautiful, clean, fresh air.

'Ahh,' I sighed, breathing out

And out of nowhere, I heard the water splash and before I could even get a proper look I heard a voice saying 'Hi stranger'
A small smile graced my face as I heard her voice

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I said

"We didn't get to the cin-ma," siren replied

"The cinema ,we can go today if you want," I said

Another chance to spend more time with my best friend sign me up

"Let's go get you an outfit, then we'll head back to the mall where we'll go see a movie in the cinema. Hopefully, my mom can drive us there,"

"Oh, okay, sounds like a plan," siren replied 

We got mom to give us a ride but the second we got into the car to drive off I noticed siren was a bit scared and of course she would be,  this was her first time in the car. Upon noticing this I held her hand and pulled her close to me and soon she was fine and once again my necklace glowed and her bracelet glowed I blushed and tured away but siren was still smiling at me and when I looked at her again my necklace glowed at this point I was embarrassed.

We pulled up to the cinema and got out of the car, we went straight up to the cinema, and I got two sodas and a large popcorn.

Madelyn took her to see 'Journey 2-The Mysterious Island'

We had so much fun and laughs but it was time for siren to go home. We had so much fun she didnt want to go home but the tides were literally against us. 
We talked for a little while before siren had to go but before she left she held my hands and looked me deeply in the eyes, she thanked me for such a lovely day even though she was now getting used life out of the sea.

"I have never had a friend like you before..."
" I don't want to make this weird but i love you maddie" siren said looking up at me with that angelic gaze.

"I love you too siren and no it's totally not weird " 

Siren let go of maddie's hand and she went home. Madelyn went up to the house and she couldn't stop thinking about siren and what she said. Her mom approached her disrupting her thoughts and more so giving her some type of relief because if she thought any harder she would just burst into a ball of light from all the bliss she was feeling.

"Hey maddie can we have a brief talk?"

" Sure mom, what's up?"

"I saw the way you looked at siren today in the car and when you help her hand your necklace kind of glowed, now that is not normal but do you like her? When is she coming over again?" 

" Okay mom slow down. The necklace was definately not glowing mom, and siren is my friend mom of course I like her."

Yes ,you guessed it right i lied I definately like siren the way my mom was talking about but i just went ahead and blocked my feelings again and the necklace lie was kinda understandable, i mean how do I tell my mom that my friend is a mermaid and thst she gave me this magic necklace that glows when true love is shown? That is the most gay thing I have ever heard. 

Wait...

"Let me admit my feelings, I do like Siren but I never felt this way about someone. Not this strong. Everything is just easy with her, she gets me like no one else, she makes me smile even by the smallest gestures. The touch of our hands teleports me back to the sea, back to my truest, purest form she makes me feel comfort. She's my best friend but the love I have for her burns through my soul everytime I look at her and I'm thinking God this must be wrong because it just feels to right. I don't want to admit it to my mom or anyone because it means that I have to admit it to my self and I don't want to move too fast because what if I do or say the wrong thing and everything I worked for including those beautiful moments in our friendship just erases by one stupid thought or action. What if she doesn't love me that way I love her? What if she stops seeing me completely? I don't wanna take the risk, I don't wanna risk the heartbreak or friendship for my silly feelings. What if I'm just not right for her? What if I stare into her eyes one day and just kiss her?
What If?