Chapter 32 Video games

Start from the beginning

Viola was the only one sitting normally like she wasn't here to just eat and sleep. 

"Yeah, no make yourselves at home" I rolled my eyes as I headed in. 

Ace grinned like a fool while Felix held his hand up in the air showing a thumbs up. Chris laughed at their behavior and proceeded to shoot a small smile my way. 

Viola came over and dramatically hugged me. "Gosh you have no idea how glad I am to see you. A minute more with these men and I'd be living with dead people" she sighed loudly. 

"They're that bad huh?" I laughed.

"You have no idea. They might be able to fight and use weapons, but they're kids I tell you. KIDS" 

"Hey don't listen to her. She's just an old grumpy granny" Ace piped in, and then giggled childishly at his own joke. 

"See what I mean?" she sighed again and groaned. 

"I sometimes still wonder how I'm even friends with you children" Felix announced, shaking his head with an amused smile. 

"Yeah, that's because no one your age likes you" Viola rolled her eyes and pulled me down with her on the couch. 

"HEY- Excuse me- That is NOT true-" Felix replied and their argument went on and on until the doorbell finally rang again. 

Their bickering was quite amusing though. 

I reached the front door to get her but saw Jeremy already opening the door for her. She walked in wearing a baby pink skirt along with a white turtleneck and her chestnut brown curls flowing over her shoulders. 

Her high heel boots made a creaking sound  on the wooden floorboard with each step she took as she walked towards Jeremy and kissed him on the lips. 

Me being me, made loud barfing noises and pretended to gag loudly with my tongue out. 

The both of them looked over to me, finally realizing my presence. Jeremy didn't react but I could sense he was internally rolling his eyes.

Ev laughed and came over to say Hi. 

"First of all, ew, Second of all, that was utterly purely disgusting. Third of all, never do that in front of me again or I WILL throw up." I warned them with an uncomfortable look on my face. 

Then, Everly followed me to the living room and I introduced her to everyone. 

I already told the squad beforehand about who she was and that she was gonna be hanging out with us today. 

They all greeted her back but I could see the tad bit of caution in them, 

Well I mean, I don't blame them. It comes with the job. Besides, I'm paranoid all the time so it really doesn't make a difference. 

After a small chat and getting to know her a bit, we decided to play some videogames. I enjoy videogames and stuff, but I'm not that competitive. Unlike Ace and Everly apparently. 

Currently, they were in a heated battle of 'warhammer' and as much as I could make out, both of them were tied equally. 

There were a bunch of ......... colorful words that were being said to them by eachother while the rest of us watched them with amusement. 

It was way too entertaining to miss. 

After a few more minutes of their heated game and argument, Ace finally threw his head back while yelling a loud "GODDAMN IT". 

Well, I guess we know who lost. 

"I don't like her" He mumbled after letting out a frustrated groan. 

"nah, that's okay, Not everyone has good taste" Everly replied, raising an eyebrow pointedly at Ace with a smug smile from her victory. 

"I love her" Viola whispered and Felix nodded from where he was sitting next to her, agreeing with her. 

I think this might just be the first thing they've agreed on since this evening. 

Well, she is pretty fun though. 

After a few minutes, Charlotte came downstairs and entered the living room. She had this big cheery fake smile plastered on her face as she walked towards where Ev was sitting on the ground, the 6 of us still playing games. 

"Heyyy Everly. You wanna go shopping with me?" She squeaked. 

"Uhm, maybe some other time. I'm kinda busy right now" replied Ev, trying not to sound rude. 

"Busy doing what? Playing some childish video games with her" She scoffed while pointing towards me. "Come with mee we can do makeovers and have sleep overs together. It'll be soo much funn" 

"Nah, I think I'll stick to the games. Atleast they're actually fun and I won't have to listen to your screeching voice that will haunt me for a week" Everly finished with a small sweet smile while tilting her head towards the side. 

Hey! That's my thing!

Charlotte stomped her foot and stormed out of the room, her face visibly red even through all the layers of makeup she'd painted on. 

After she left, all of us broke up into fits of laughter at what had just happened. 

"Nah, I take it back, I don't think you're actually that bad." Ace announced. 

"I still don't care buddy." 

"uh. Rude." 

"So, I see you guys still haven't made up" Everly asked me, talking about Charlotte, completely ignoring Ace's comment. 

The truth is, Everly was the first person ever I told about my family and everything that happened with them. Because like I mentioned, she was like a big sister I never had. 

I guess she didn't realize that the guy she was dating was actually one of my biological brothers, considering she did just meet them all last night for the first time. 

"Nope"

"So I guess she's still a bitch huh?"

"Oh she's worse than that. And NOT in a good way" I sighed dramatically and rubbed my temples, clearly showing how annoying she is. 

"Well, I guess we'll have some fun then" Everly laughed and we all went back to playing games and eating Pizza.

Huh, maybe this isn't so bad afterall.