Chapter 35: sawproof babysitter

Začít od začátku

At Big's suggestion, Orchid would start working as Ogrim's assistant and that was why he was now giving her a little introductory talk. At the moment, she did not see anything too complicated, in addition to the fact that the first days she would be mostly an observer, so she was optimistic about her future.

"And I think that's all you need to know for now," the beetle completed. "Any questions?"

"No, none."

"I'm glad, so enjoy your last day off because starting tomorrow we'll work really hard."

"Understood."

At that moment Hollow was entering the training room that was where they were, he looked in a very good mood as he carried his board with a written greeting.

"Hello Hollow. Enjoying your last day off?" Ogrim asked, to which Hollow nodded enthusiastically. "I think this is the first time I've seen you really enjoy a vacation."

"Really?" Orchid looked at him curiously.

"Oh yeah, it won't look like it but Hollow is a workaholic, he had to be forced to take his vacation, even when he didn't have to work he kept hovering around the other knights, worried they weren't going to do a good job."

"How lovely." The mantis gave a soft laugh that embarrassed Hollow, who was trying to gesture to Ogrim to shut up, but he pretended to ignore it.

"Now he took all the days off he had accumulated. Congratulations Orchid, you have made our dear knight finally take a break, it is quite an achievement."

Hollow crossed his arms in annoyance.

"I'm just kidding, tell me what plans do you have for your last day off?"

The knight erased his whiteboard, he was about to start writing his answer when something red ran through the door, its speed was such that there was only a spot of color that caught them off guard, no one could react in time, that thing stopped in front of Hollow and practically hit him with a basket.

The somewhat stunned vessel took the basket automatically before even understanding what was happening, after coming out of his stupor he was able to notice that his sister was in front of him and that she wore an expression of absolute seriousness, then before he could say or do anything she spoke.

"Keep them alive, don't give them candy and turn off the saws, I'll be back for them in the afternoon."

And after delivering her message the spider queen ran out of the room as quickly as she had arrived.

The three bugs were perplexed and confused looking at the place where Hornet had gone, after assuming that all this had not been a dream, they fixed their attention on the basket that Hollow was carrying. Of the three Ogrim was the only one who guessed what was inside, but he needed to check it out, so he lifted the sheet that covered its contents and just as he thought inside he found three little sleepy grubs.

"What? Babies? Hornet left us her children?"

"I think she needs us to take care of them for a while, although she should have asked first. Well... I guess she was an emergency, I mean, she's very apprehensive with her kids." The beetle scratched his chin. "Well, Hollow, I think you have your panorama for the rest of the day, you will have to take care of your niblings."

Ogrim could not even imagine the anguish that Hollow felt at that moment, he did not like very young children, they gave him the feeling that they were so fragile that the slightest neglect would destroy them and now he had to take care of three of them, it was such his fear that was paralyzed with the basket in his arms.