"Aqualad gave us the signal, now!" Nightwing snaps her out, as herself, Nightwing, Batgirl and KF enter through the Light side of the cavern. "Hey there, Vandy. You miss me?" KF asks cheekily. Vandal Savage only smiles, giving Kat an uneasy feeling in her stomach. "Well played. Well planned, but the Light always has contingencies," he speaks calmly. The Brain presses something cutting of the exits of the cavern, shit, okay hope this works, wait, where's Darcel? Kat's panicking slightly, she just hopes the plan goes as planned. "Still you refer to us as children, no wonder our successes mount, you consistently underestimate us," Kaldur speaks.

On que a Shadow flies up, revealing himself to be Blue Beetle, and blasts the Reach soldiers with a sonic beam. The Team lunge into action, some of them revealing themselves disguised as Shadows. Emerald summoned her throwing knives, throwing them precisely at the shadows, fatally injuring them but not directly killing them. She uses her hex to block attacks sending the Shadows flying back. Suddenly she feels something behind her, turning quickly only to be met with Nightwing being thrown into her, luckily she reacts faster than a human, quickly stopping him and placing him down gently. "Thanks, Em," he says, "What was that?" she asks, but her question was answer when she felt him. "Do you want me to help you?" Nightwing offers, "No, I've been waiting a long time for this," she answer, moving in front of him protectively.

"You and I both know we could kill everyone in this room, so I suggest we take this outside," Darcel says, "Oh so you've grown a conscious? Since when do you care about mortality?' Katrina scoffs not believing him. Her brother only rolls his eyes flying up, her eyes follow him up, but she hesitates to follow, looking back at Dick, he only nods encouraging her to go. With the extra reassurance from him, she follows her brother. 

They float in the air, above the cavern, the mon in the night sky being the only thing illuminating them, "that day I let you take control, I could feel you fighting to completely take over, why?" she asks lifting her hands up, summoning a sword. Darcel smirks, "have you ever heard the prophecy of the Gemini twins? The prophecy says that two children born of magic blood will battle at 22 years of age, and whoever wins will take the others powers, effectively killing them, but sister, I discovered that we are the prophesised twins," he says, Emerald furrows her brows, "Isn't it pretty obvious we aren't twins, different moms, Darcel have you truly lost it?" she tries discouraging. 

"Minor technicality, but you see what I realized is that you are more powerful," he says bitterly, "So I would win this hypothetical merge," she counters, "No! that day I took control I cast a spell, a powerful one, you may win, but I will be in control, of your body, your mind, your powers, everything! will. be. mine." he bites out. Zooming towards her, she charges, they clash in the middle, almost reminiscent of their sword practices back on Solaria. Swing, slash, stab, poke, flip, deflect, block, repeat. 

Magic buzzes of them as the fly in the air, fighting. "Enough!" Darcel shouts, blasting Emerald back, she didn't react quickly enough taking the hit, subsequently weakening her. Darcel flies closer to her, she's panting, wounded and weak, pathetic, he thinks, "et nunc recipio pro Solaria" Katrina's eyes widen, she furiously shakes her head, "Non, non, non, sodes, frater, miserere, noli hoc facere, sodes, si quis amor erga patrem, pro Solaria. Obsecro te " she begs but she's to late he joins their hands and begins chanting, green surrounds them, his physical form slowly starts to dissipate in front of her, Kat can feel her mind weakening, as he enters her mind. 

"Dick, we need to talk now," she remarks, he sighs shutting of the screen, taking off his mask to rub his eyes, and as he went to put it back on, Kat, stops him. "That night we spend together..." she begins looking away slightly, he takes a hold of her hands, bringing them to his lips giving them a kiss. "Kat, you mean so much to me, but we can't be together not like that, I'm not good for you, I'll hurt you, look at all my relationships," he states, tears well up in her eyes, "No, Dick, please," she pleads, putting his hand on her heart.