chapter 10

It's Saturday and Este is on the train on her way to Kit. The ride is supposed to be around an hour so she prepared herself and took a book with her. She is currently reading 'I kissed Shara Wheeler' by Casey Mcquiston since she loved 'red white and royal blue' by them. Taylor Swift is softly playing in her earphones as background music.

Her stop is 50 minutes later and she gets out of the train. She tried to not bring that much stuff since she'll have to carry it all the way to Kit's house. Google maps tells her it's a 13 minute walk so she texts Kit she is almost there.

When she arrives at the house she observes for a minute. It's a pretty house, a little bigger than her own. Everything looks clean and nice. It's not what she expected but in a good way. She walks to the front door and rings the doorbell. Kit opens the door barely seconds later having that Golden Retriever smile on his face.

"Hello."

"Hi. Oh my god I feel like Charlie Spring."

Kit laughs while helping Este with her stuff as they walk into the living room. They set her stuff down and Este walks back to hang up her coat. When she is done she walks back to Kit and sits down on the couch next to him.

"How have you been?"

"A little bored but fine. You?"

"Quite the opposite of you. I have been very busy the last few days with press and photo shoots and stuff for Heartstopper."

"Oh so I'm sitting on a couch with a real celebrity right now?"

"Definitely not, I hate it when people call me that. How was your train ride?"

"Good, I read and listened to Taylor so time flew by very quickly."

"Which book are you reading?"

"It's a book by my favorite author called 'I kissed Shara Wheeler' which just came out. It's about a girl who kissed three people and then just suddenly disappears. I'm on chapter 4 right now but it's already so interesting."

"Sounds pretty cool. Do you read a lot?"

"I do but I was in a reading slump for about a month so I haven't read in a while. I'm glad this book is helping me get out of that."

"I should really start reading too. I used to love it as a kid but I guess I just got really caught up with other things."

"I have enough recommendations for books to get back into reading. I could make you a list if you want too."

"Yeah thank you, that would be great!"

"Of course."

"Shall I give you a tour of the house?"

"Yes I would love that."

After Kit's house tour they go into the kitchen to bake some cupcakes. Apparently Kit knows a secret recipe his grandma gave him. They are supposed to be making the best cupcakes Este is ever gonna taste.

Kit preheats the oven first, a step Este herself always forgets. He instructs her with what she needs to do and everything is actually going smoothly.

"Okay so now we put them in the oven and they will be baked and ready in about 20 minutes if i'm correct."

"Very excited. What are we going to do now?"

"We could decide what we want for dinner."

"Aren't your parents coming home for dinner tonight?"

"Nope they are sleeping over at grandma's since she lives 5 hours away from our house. My sister and brother went with them so it's just us two."

"Cool. Can we order pizza?"

"You read my mind, love."

Este can't help but admit she really likes it when Kit calls her love. It's just so cute and British and it honestly makes her feel special.

"Let's make the frosting."

"What do you have in mind?"

"Simple white with colorful sprinkles? I don't have any food coloring right now."

"No, I like white, it gives off a cool vibe."

"White gives off a cool vibe to you?"

"Yes."

"Alright."

After they made the frosting they let the cupcakes cool off in the refrigerator. They return to the couch and sit down, leaving a little space between the two of them. There is a silence between them, but it isn't an uncomfortable one.

"What's on your mind?" Este asks, breaking the silence.

"You are actually. You always are."

"Oh."

"Mhm."

"But what does that mean?"

"It means that I can't get you out of my mind."

"Well you've gotta be a little more specific with me. Is that a good thing?"

"What I'm trying to say is that I like you Este."

"Wait you do?"

"Yes very much!"

"I like you too."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

The two of them look at each other and begin laughing. Este always thought it would be impossible to like someone this much when you haven't known each other for long, but her feelings are really proving her wrong right now.

"Can I kiss you?"

"Yes."

Kit leans in as Este does too. Their lips touch as they move in sync. It's the first kiss that has felt real to Este. She has kissed people at a party or when she was dating someone but it never had any meaning. Not to her at least. This is her first ever meaningful kiss. They both stop to catch their breath and open their eyes. Este can't believe she has just kissed someone like him. He looks absolutely beautiful, but doesn't he always? Both of them can't stop smiling. It makes her feel like it meant just as much to him as it did to her. Just when Este opens her mouth to say something the timer goes off.

"Guess the cupcakes are ready."

"Guess so yeah."

🍒🍒🍒

Idk if I like this or not but I'm

happy they kissed :)