chapter 9

"You aren't actually gonna come right?" Kit says while he is on facetime with Este.

"Well obviously not since I'm with Christine right now."

"Good."

"Why do you sound disappointed?"

"Because I am."

"Wait, why? We saw each other 2 days ago."

"Este I really don't care how long it's been since we last saw each other, I really just wanna see you again."

"Okay well when are you free?"

"I have a photoshoot tomorrow so maybe the day after that? You could sleep over if you want too."

"Yes! I would love that."

"Great. I'll see you in a little more than a day. Bye love."

"Goodbyeee."

After hanging up she and Christine immediately scream. It's not everyday you get asked to stay over at your crush's house.

"Bro the way he said he wanted to see you again and called you love, he is down bad Este."

"Stop! I'm so fucking excited. I have to tell Rhea about this. How is he so smooth? How the fuck did this happen Christine?"

"Girl I don't know but I think you left an impression."

"How though? I actually didn't do anything impressive, I just was myself."

"Maybe he is just grateful you introduced him to croissants."

"Christine!"

"What? I'm just stating some reasons he might be interested in doing a sleepover with you."

"Should I call Rhea?"

"Yeah you should facetime her."

"Alright."

Este calls her niece and she answers 3 minutes later. It looks like Rhea is outside, maybe at a dinner place or something.

"Hello Este."

"Kit just asked me to come to him and sleep over at his house. I'm freaking the fuck out!"

"Wait what?"

"Yes I know. I'm so excited. He is so cute."

"He didn't discuss that with us. He is literally right here."

"Wait what?"

"Yeah, do you want me to put him on?"

"How? When we facetimed 3 minutes ago it looked like he was on a couch?"

"We went outside to eat. We are bbqing right now."

"Oh. He didn't hear me right?"

"Sorry."

"What?"

"I did actually hear that" Kit says coming into the frame.

"That's awkward."

"No, it's cute that you think I'm cute."

"Shut up Connor."

Este gives the phone to Christine not wanting to deal with the embarrassment of what just happened. How is she supposed to face him on saturday?

"Oh hello Christine" Kit says.

"Hi Kit. How are you today?"

"Amazing actually. How are you?"

"Mine is amazing too. James bought me flowers."

"That's sweet of him."

"I would give Este back to you but she is dying of embarrassment so I'll just hang up."

"Haha sure. Tell her to text me alright?"

"Of course. Bye Kit."

"Bye Christine."

Christine hangs up the phone facing her friend. Este her cheeks are burning red. She doesn't look happy with Christine either.

"Why did you say that!"

"What?"

"That I was dying of embarrassment. That's so awkward."

"You are such a drama queen. He thought it was funny, so did I."

"How am I supposed to face him on saturday? Now he knows I think he is cute. God why do things like these always happen to me!"

"Maybe it's a good thing. The only reason James and I are together right now is because he found out I liked him. You remember who accidentally told him?"

"Me."

"Exactly! So now that Kit knows you find him cute, he might make a move like James did."

"We'll see."

🍒🍒🍒

Sleep over in the next chapter,

I'm very excited about that one.