chapter 7

It's been a week since the birthday party and Este has been texting with everyone who was there a lot. You could say she has a new friend group. Yaz, Tobie, Kit and her are meeting up today. She is not nervous knowing Yaz is gonna make her feel really comfortable.

She is taking the train to the city and is meeting them at a bookshop so Tobie can buy some new books. The train ride is only 30 minutes so she just puts in her music and waits for her stop. Since the train station is inside the city it's only a 4 minute walk until she sees the others waiting there for her.

"Hellooo sorry I'm late!"

"No we literally got here 1 minute ago" Tobie says as he goes in for a hug.

"How are you Toobs?"

"Very well thank you for asking."

"Hiiii" Yaz says as she hugs Este too.

"Hello Yaz, you look stunning!"

"Aaaah so do you."

They let go and Este goes to Kit. She decides to hug him too, since it would be a little unkind not to.

"How are you?" Kit asks softly. He has the Golden Retriever smile on his face making Este smile  as well. 

"I'm great! How about you?"

"Same thing."

All of them walk into the store finding a table full of heartstopper books right there. Este guesses people wanna read the book since they finished the show and loved it.

"Look at usss" Yaz says walking towards the table.

"Have you read the books?" Kit asks Este as they follow Yaz and Tobie around the store.

"Yeah when I heard Rhea got the part I immediately bought them even though Imogen is not in the books."

Before Kit can say anything Este is yanked away from him by Tobie telling her he needs her opinion of a book.

"Okay so you've read 'red white & royal blue' right? Is it any good?"

"Oh my god yes it's my favorite book!"

"It is?"

"Yep alongside 'six of crows' and 'the love hypothesis' of course."

"Okay okay, I'll trust your judgment then."

After looking for a little while Tobie pays and they all leave to go to a lunch place. Yaz has chosen it so they all know it'll have good food. Kit and Este are walking next to each other, looking around the city.

"Did you know I watched 'rocketman' yesterday?'

"Stop, no you didn't!"

"Believe it or not I actually did. You are so cute in that movie."

"Where here!" Yaz says interrupting. They all walk inside and it looks like a French lunch place. It does look very pretty, the color scheme is perfect. Este and Tobie sit next to each other and Kit and Yaz do the same thing so that they are facing the others.

"Ew now all I'll see when I eat is Kit" Este says sarcastically.

"Everybody's dream right?" Kit responds playfully.

"You wish Connor."

Then Este feels a kick under the table. It wasn't a real one, more of a playful one.

"Kicking women now?"

"Me? Never!"

"Very funny"

"I know, comedy king right here."

"Pretty sure that's a lie" Tobie says siding with Este.

"What Tobie says" Yaz says, joining in as well.

"I love how this has become Kit hate club in a matter of seconds" Kit says in a sarcastic tone. You can see he is smiling though, so that tells Este he is in no way offended.

The waiter then comes and everyone orders their drinks. They also get the lunch menu so they can look at what they wanna eat.

"Croissants!" Este exclaims very excited that they have them.

"Why did you so sound excited about that?"

"Because they are my favorite things ever. Have you ever had one Kit?"

"No, is that bad?"

"Yes, you uneducated boy!" Yaz says, filling in what Este was about to say.

"How can you never ever in your life have had a croissant? They are so common you could literally get them in the grocery store."

"I know but I didn't know if I would like them so I never tried it out."

"Boring! You'll have to try one, they are delicious."

"Okay okay I'll try one but if I don't like it you pay alright?"

"Not you trying to get a girl to pay" Yaz says, making them all laugh.

"It's a deal" Este says. They shake hands like it's the most important thing ever making Yaz and Tobie smile knowingly at each other.

Half an hour later the waiter comes with the orders. Yaz has a 'croque monsieur' saying it's one of her favorite things ever. Tobie has 'quiche lorraine' saying he wanted to try something new. Kit and Este of course have their croissants. They both have two with jam and butter next to them.

"This better be good."

"Oh it will be."

Kit takes a bite and chews. He looks serious, not showing Este if he likes it or hates it yet. After two more bites he lays the croissant down.

"That's so good."

"Ha! I knew you would like it!"

"New comfort food unlocked."

"Try it with butter"

The two go on talking for a lot more minutes as Tobie and Yaz have a conversation about their food. Safe to say they enjoyed their meals.

🍒🍒🍒

Debating if I like this or not,

but I hope you guys did!