twenty-six, vecna's curse.

read the a/n at the end please

"william!" y/n bursted into will's room, already dressed up for the airport.

will jumped slightly as he wrapped up his painting he's been working on. she hugged him tightly, "happy birthday dude!"

"oh thanks," he gave her a small smile.

y/n glanced down at what he was holding. "is that the painting you've been working on?" she asked.

he nodded. "ooh nice," she quipped. "oh i almost forgot to tell you, we're about to leave for the airport."

y/n started walking out of his room, stopping by the doorway. "you coming?" she turned her head.

"i'll be out soon," he was finishing up tying up his painting.

y/n nodded and walked out.

-

the byers/hopper kids, plus argyle, were at the airport. will and el had big grins on their face as they all couldn't wait for mike to walk in. y/n's knee was bouncing up and down out of excitement, looking out for her boyfriend.

eventually she spotted his tall frame amongst the others. she stood up, a smile slowly forming on her face.

"mike!" y/n called out, waving at him.

he smiled at her as the both of them run over to each other. they kissed each other softly before falling into an embrace.

"oh, careful, careful, careful! you're squishing- you're squishing your present!" mike exclaimed. y/n laughed and finally let go him. he handed the flowers to her. "it's a gift."

she immediately noticed it was her favorite colors. the realization made her heart warm.

"i, uh- i handpicked those for you in hawkins," he said. "i know you like f/c, but now i'm kinda realizing that it's too much f/c..."

"i know you also like (second fav color) so i got some (second fav color) as well," he rambled on and on. "so kinda did, like, a 70/30 split kinda thing. b-but if you don't like them i-"

"don't even worry about it, i love it. thank you," y/n smiled as el and will walk up to them.

"oh! hey!" mike noticed the two.

will had a big smile on his face but it faltered when he saw mike hug el first. he expected a big hug like he had did with the other girls but got a side hug and a pat on the shoulder. (byler angst bc i said so)

"hey, mike," jonathan cuts off the awkwardness between mike and will.

"hey, how you doing?"

"yeah, good, man."

"great," mike looks at the painting will had, "uh, what's that?"

"um, it's nothing. just this painting i've been working on," will stumbled on his words a bit.

"cool," he nodded.

will didn't seem to like his nonchalant response, his giddy mood slowly fading. y/n noticed this and frowned.

"that's a rad shirt, man," argyle said suddenly making mike flinch. "ocean pacific?"

"oh, mike. this is, uh, my friend argyle," jonathan informed.

"oh. hey," he reached out his hand for a handshake. argyle comes over and gave him a hug instead. mike had a weirded out expression as the boy checked the back of his shirt.

"oh no, no, no," argyle blurted out and lets go of mike. "no, it's a shitty knockoff. yeah. but don't sweat it. i'll get you the good threads out here. i heard a lot about your sister."