fifteen, the mind flayer.

the alarm blares and everyone stops moving.

"what the hell?" bob questions, loosening his grip on mike and y/n.

"we're too late," mike said.

"what?"

"we're too late!" mike and y/n gets out of bob's arms, running back to will and joyce.

"what's going on?" joyce asked.

"we're under attack."

y/n grabs a syringe, "we need to make will sleep."

"what?"

"he's a spy. if he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster," mike explained.

"he's lying!" will yells.

"he killed those soldiers. he'll kill us, too!"

"he's lying! he's lying! he's lying! he's lying! he's lying!" will screams as bob and joyce tried to hold him down.

they began to hear gunshots from the outside.

"those are gunshots!" bob says.

"he's lying! he's lying!"

"okay, will, will, listen, listen. do you know who i am?" joyce asked him and he stares. "do you know who i am?"

"you're... you're... you're mom."

she hesitates before instructing bob, "hold him down."

"no! no! let go! no! no! let me go! let go!"

joyce grabs the syringe from y/n, "i'm sorry."

"let me go! let go! let me go!"

will kept screaming and wriggling in bob's grip, "no! let go! let me go! let me go!"

joyce injects the needle into his arm and he stops, his eyes starting to feel heavy before he finally fell asleep. hopper and dr. owens barge into the room. they hear monsters growling, hopper turns around to see them banging and poking holes into the door, "we gotta go. we gotta go."

hopper grabs will from his hospital bed and everyone runs out of the room. mike had a hold of y/n's hand once again, pulling her close to him. they stop in place as a guard falls onto the ground. they turn around as another guard shoots at something, rapid gunfire could be heard loudly. they walk into another room and dr. owens closes the door, locking it shut.

"oh, my god," bob breathed out.

they turn around to look at the security cameras. creatures could be seen attacking many doctors, the survivors were trying to escape while most were dead. the light flickers before turning off completely, the security cameras shutting off as well.

"oh, my god," joyce whispered.

every light has gone out in the lab and they were met with complete darkness.

-

"look, this is us, and this is the nearest exit," dr. owens points out on the map. "but even if we somehow make it there, there's no way out."

"what do you mean?" hopper asked as he held the flashlight over the map.

"the locks are fail secure."

"fail secure?" joyce questioned.

"if there's a power outage, the building goes on lockdown," dr. owens explained.

"can it be unlocked remotely?" bob inquired.

"with a computer, sure, but somebody's gotta reset the breakers."