twenty-one, the flayed.

they all screamed loudly as they went down.

"shit! shit!" dustin screeched before y/n and him tried pressing the buttons again.

"we're going down! we're going down!" shouted steve.

"yeah, no shit, harrington!" robin yelled back.

"why don't these buttons work?" dustin panicked as steve screams.

erica walked over to dustin and y/n, "press the button!"

"what do you think we're doing?!" y/n yelled at her.

"come on, press something! just press the button!" steve urged.

"push it!" erica shouted as dustin and y/n screamed, repeatedly pressing a bunch of buttons.

the elevator stops and crashes as they grunt and fell to the ground.

"oh!" steve groaned as a box fell on top of him. "my groin. it fell on my groin."

everyone but steve stood up.

"dustin!" steve strained. "get this off of me!"

dustin does what he says and pulled the box off of him.

"i can't move," he grunted as dustin puts the box on the table.

"is everyone okay?" robin asked.

"yeah, i'm great, now that i know that russians can't design elevators!" steve yelled, pushing dustin aside to press the buttons again.

"i think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work," she pointed out.

"they're buttons. they have to do something."

"yeah, if we had a keycard."

"a what?"

"it's an electronic lock," robin explained. "same as the loading dock door. if we don't have a keycard, it won't operate, meaning-"

"we're stuck in here," y/n finished.

"yeah."

"just so you nerds are aware, i'm supposed to be spending the night at tina's, and tina always cover for me," erica asserted. "but if i'm not home for uncle jack's party tomorrow and my mom finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one, and slit your throat."

"i don't care about tina! or uncle jack's party!" steve snapped. "your mom's not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a russian elevator!"

"hey," dustin piped up, pointing upwards. "what if we climbed out?"

they lifted the lid off and steve, dustin and y/n climbed out to the top of the elevator. they look up and notice it was way too far for climbing.

steve exhales sharply, "what were you saying about climbing?

-

as y/n helped robin with the buttons, they look up to see a liquid going down the wall.

"can you redirect your stream, please?" robin asked steve as her voice echoed outside the elevator.

steve moves and it's still visible as they can see it make a zig-zag line.

"ugh," both girls groaned in disgust.

they hear a loud banging and see erica trying to break open the container with green liquid.

"hey, hey! be careful, careful, careful!" they ran towards the girl, robin snatching the container away from her. "we don't even know what it is."