twenty-four, the battle of starcourt.

eleven kept screaming and sobbing. mike looked down at her leg and saw the flesh was sizzling.

"what is that?" erica gaped.

"there's something in there," mike pointed out.

"no!" el cried.

"jesus christ," dustin mumbled.

"keep her talking. keep her awake, okay?" jonathan told them and ran away to grab some things.

"hey, hey, hey. stay awake, stay awake," y/n shook her. "let's get her on this side, on this side."

"easy, easy, easy, easy," steve said as they carefully moved her.

"it's, uh... you know, it's not actually the that bad. there was a... the goalie on my soccer team, beth wildfire, this other girl slid onto her leg, and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane."

"robin," steve interrupted her.

"yeah?"

"you're not helping."

"i'm sorry."

jonathan ran back to them, "okay. all right, el? this is gonna hurt like hell, okay?"

"okay," she sobbed.

"need you to stay real still," he puts gloves on and held out a wooden spoon. "here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?"

"jesus christ," dustin muttered as y/n took the spoon from him and puts it in el's mouth.

el whimpers as jonathan raised the knife over her leg. he hesitates and looked up at them.

"do it," y/n nodded.

jonathan sliced her leg open and she screams, biting down on the spoon harshly. she wails in pain as blood oozed out, everyone else exclaiming in disgust at the sight. he dropped the knife and puts his gloved hand inside her leg. everyone cringed at the sounds as el screeches.

"jonathan!" nancy shouts.

"stop talking!" he shouted back, still searching her leg. he moves his hand further and she screams. "goddamn it!"

"no! stop it!" el spits out the spoon. "stop! stop!"

nancy gently pushes jonathan away.

el grunts, sitting up, "i can do it. i can do it."

she hovered her hand over her leg, forcefully taking out whatever was in with her powers. she wailed in pain as the creature chitters. she screams loudly causing the glass behind them to break. they jump back from the glass as she continued to scream. the creature shrieks when she finally took it out. she then threw it far away from them. it chitters and attempted to crawl away before getting stomped on.

they look up to see hopper, joyce and some random man y/n didn't know.

-

"the mind flayer, it built this monster in hawkins, to stop el, to kill her, and pave a way into our world," mike said.

"and it almost did. that was just one tiny piece of it," max added.

"how big is this thing?" hopper asked.

"it's big," jonathan responded. "thirty feet, at least."

"yeah," lucas looked at hopper apologetically. "it sorta destroyed your cabin. sorry."

"okay, so, just to be clear, this... this big fleshy spider thing that hurt el, is some kind of gigantic... weapon?" steve questions.

"yes," nancy nodded.