four, the body.

eleven tuned the radio frequencies as whimpering can be heard.

"we keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?" mike asked y/n, dustin and lucas.

"yeah, i heard a baby," lucas responded.

"what?"

"mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor," lucas shrugged. "it's probably the blackburns' next door."

"uh, did that sound like a baby to you?" mike questioned. "that was will!"

"mike..."

"lucas, you don't understand. he spoke last night. words!" he tried to convince. "he was singing that weird song he loves. even el heard him!"

"oh, well, if the weirdo heard him, then i guess-"

"are you sure you're on the right channel?" y/n cuts lucas off.

"i don't think it's about that," said mike. "i think, somehow, she's channeling him."

"like... like professor x," dustin remarked.

"yeah," he smiled.

"are you actually believing this crap?" lucas snapped.

"i don't know, i mean... do you remember when will fell off his bike and broke his finger?" y/n reminded. "he sounded a lot like that."

"did you guys not see what i saw?" lucas asked, not believing any of his friends. "they pulled will's body out of the water. he's dead!"

dustin frowned, "well, maybe it's his ghost. maybe he's haunting us."

"it's not his ghost," mike insisted.

"so how do you know that?" lucas queried.

"i just do!"

"then what was in that water?"

"i don't know!" mike blurted. "all i know is will is alive. will is alive! he's out there somewhere. all we have to do is find him."

static crackles on the radio.

"this isn't gonna work," mike pointed out. "we need to get el to a stronger radio."

"mr. clarke's heathkit ham shack," y/n stated.

"yeah," mike grinned at her idea.

"the heathkit's at school," lucas informed. "there is no way we're gonna get the weirdo in there without anyone noticing. i mean... look at her."

the party looks at eleven who looks back at them confused.

-

y/n sat across from eleven, taking out the makeup nancy had. she was the only girl in the group which means she's the only one who could help eleven with makeup. she didn't wear it all the time but she knew how to use it.

as y/n did eleven's makeup, the boys were finding clothes for eleven to wear. they went through a bunch of nancy's old clothes and eventually settled on a light pink dress and a blonde wig.

y/n picked up the blush brush and raised it up to eleven's face. she jumps at the foreign object touching her face. y/n smiles a bit in amusement, "it's okay, it won't hurt you."

eleven calms down but still had her face contorted from the brush touching her face. once y/n was done, she grabs lipgloss and puts it on her lips. eleven watched her intently as she did so. she felt safe around y/n. she was like a sister to her. y/n pulls away when she was finished. she looks over eleven's face, admiring her work.