(08) Killahead - Part II

Past Douxie had no time to think, as he was suddenly pushed off the edge of Camelot and slammed into the hard forest ground.

'Hello, Douxie.' Past Alice said, grinning down at him with their claws unsheathed.

'Alice?' Douxie asked. 'I thought you were dead; what happened to you?'

'I got better,' Alice replied, laughing sinisterly. Douxie, with a lot of effort, kicked them off him and trapped them both in a blue bubble. 'Don't you like it?'

Subsequently the battle edged closer, and a few knights ran closer to them. They were probably there to protect Douxie.

One of them locked eyes with Alice and Alice knew - instinctively - that it was the man from a few days earlier. He hadn't changed, but they certainly had.

So, Alice shot off a bolt of magic into the knight's chest and he broke into pieces. The other knights next to his body yelled and advanced towards the pair. Within a few seconds they were gone as well.

'You murdered them? Douxie yelled at Alice. 'In cold blood?'

'It's a battle, Douxie! What did you expect from me? I can't stay perfect forever!' Alice screamed. 'Besides, they probably deserved it - especially considering how they've treated my kind!'

'Then you've truly changed beyond redemption!' Douxie yelled back. He then created a large ball of light; pushing Alice away from him. The force of this action caused them to be flung a long way into the treetops.

Douxie slumped to the ground and sighed in relief; he knew that this wasn't the last he'd see of them, but for now he could rest. Help would come eventually.

(Elsewhere)

Douxie helped Alice up from where they'd fallen during the fight and looked over at everybody else. The trolls were now cheering for Deya. It was truly a glorious moment.

The sky then began to glow green and Camelot lifted into the air, drifting towards the battleground.

'You did a good job today' Alice congratulated Douxie. 'You're finally a Master Wizard, how does that feel?'

'It feels good. Although, not as good as heated water, wifi and a new box of hair dye will.'

'Don't ever change, Douxie.' Alice laughed, squeezing his hand.

'Oh you know me, when have I ever done that?' Douxie replied. 'You on the other hand....' He looked at Alice's troll form, a smirk on his lips. In response Alice hit him lightly on the shoulder.

'Doux', do shut up.' Now, could we please head towards the ship? I'd like to get back home.'

'Of course, my love.' Douxie replied.

So Alice summoned their wings, and picked him up by the arms, carrying him to the waiting ship. Hopefully he wouldn't be too mad at them for how they'd carried out their own request.

 Hopefully he wouldn't be too mad at them for how they'd carried out their own request

[ Author's Note ]

Help my endings are getting worse.......augh.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

30th May 2022