Chapter Sixty Six~ Drifting

Start from the beginning

"I will..." The leader of the elves assured.

"Y/N, I guess I didn't grow up like you and Licht in the end. Maybe one day, we'll met again..." Patry chuckled.

"I'll remember this time..." Y/N smiles and gives him a reassuring nod." And to leave you with something to remeber us by..." The female waved her hand as her blue mana softly touched his skin.

The signature mark of the elves was etched into his soul, to be passed on like a birthmark for the rest of his life.

'In the end, I got to fight alongside Licht and everyone else. That made me really happy.' Patry's eyes soften after seeing the mark. Even though he wanted to be with them, he knew it will be just wishful thinking.

Y/N is now a Magic Knight in this era and she is fighting to protect the Clover Kingdom. She is no longer the elf he grew up to admire and look upon. 

The swirling anti-magic power emerged from the Demon-Destroyer sword and the soul of Patry slowly drifted from William's body. His souls drifted upwards like soft white particles with some blue mana mixed with it.

His long white hair was no more and a curse mark can be seen on the upper part of his face. His mismatched eyes were replaced with purple orbs once again.

The Captain of the Golden Dawn returned from his deep slumber and facing his fellow Magic Knights.

William Vangeance felt ashamed to even show his face in front of everyone but he must do what he needed to do for his country in order to atone for his sin, even just a little.

"Captain Vangeance..." Yuno uttered softly.

'Patry, the lonely soul that has been with me ever since I was little. It appears that your rage and suffering have come to an end.' The world tree magic user places his hand on his chest. 'But it's not over yet. This time, it's my turn. This curse that was carved upon my face without reason... Because of this curse, I'd been discriminated against and hated, and so...' He touches the upper part of his face with his fingertips. 'The warped feelings he felt towards the kingdom and the suffering he felt were undoubtedly real to me.' He summoned his grimoire as he flips it into a certain page.

"The battle came about because I was weak and could not believe in Master Julius or the future I should've protected. That being the case, I need to be the one who brings this battle to an end..." William finally declared.

"Y/N..." A soft voice spoke behind her.

The glowing blue female turned around gracefully and smiled at Ryha who stood near her. Tears slipped from his tired eyes as he took steps forward. 

They stood at a cliff, just like the last time they saw each other. But instead of Y/N disappearing in front of his eyes, he will disappear for this world first.

"Y/N. We didn't get a chance to be together in our past life..." He eyed the way Yuno softy grasp the females hand, " Nor in this life...But I hope we meet someday again in the future...I love you."

The female took her past life feelings into her heart and told him the most honest thing she could.

" I loved you..."

Ryha smiled. He knew that the current Y/N didn't love him but they one in the past did. That was enough for him.

Licht's eyes soften after witnessing how the two most important people in his life manage to be genuinely happy just for just one small moment. 

"I need to connect to everyone's souls and tell them the truth." The leader of the elves told them.

"We're going to lure the connected souls to the world tree and tie them all together." The Captain of the Golden Dawn informed. William spread his right palm until his grimoire started to glow.