CHAPTER 1: THE WAR BEGINS

G'day! Just wanted to mention that the first 5 chapters are pre-written, and the 2nd was written when I was crappy, but it's important, so, READ IT!...   ...Thanks!

***

Bullets whizzed past Blake's head, barely missing it at times.

"Please tell me we have a plan B?" Jack yelled from the other side of the crowded room, obviously surprised that they had seriously just ran into a room which was filled, literally filled with shotgun-wielding moustache-twirling bad-guys in police uniforms, "Well, screw it!" Blake yelled, pulling the pin on his grenade, then running head-first into the hail of bullets...

5 MONTHS EARLIER

"What do ye do with a drunken sailor,

what do ye do with a drunken sailor,

ear-ly in the mornin'?"

The drunken brothers stumbled around the rumpus room, all four of them relying on the others weight to keep them up.

They swayed and swung, not a care in the world about how much they drank, how many braincells they lost, or if they'll pass out, as they did.

Blake awoke with his face in a puddle of liquid that made him want to wash.

He put his hands beneath his body and pushed, lifting himself from the ground.

Everything was a haze around Blake, and he knew a shower was needed.

He entered the shower.

It was very sobering.

He forgot to take his clothes off.

Blake stepped from the shower to the sight of his brothers clothed and sober, somehow.

He walked towards the fridge. 

He grabbed an apple and turned. He was about to turn the small box television on when he heard voices outside.

He looked down from the window, the sight that met his eyes were several strangely-painted cars,

blue and yellow patterns glowing brightly under the lights of the previously mentioned colour.

A man dressed in officers clothing was yelling at a group of heavily armed men, something along the lines of "Shut up and get rid of these pests!"

Straight to the point.

Blake looked at his elder siblings with an expression of pure worry.

"Can you see this?" The brothers looked at him.

"What?" Red asked, walking to the  window, he immediately was inquisitive.

"I wonder what they seek here?" He murmured. By now all four of them were at the window, trying to get a peek.

They jumped when they heard the wall explode with gunfire.

Blake fell to the floor. He began crawling for the kitchen, a large carving knife could be very useful right now.

He felt the blade of an object and he gripped the handle.

He couldn't see. The bullets stopped as the men reloaded.

The thought of seeing if the air was thick enough to cut through crossed his mind, but he quickly shook it from his thoughts.

He heard the click of a clip being loaded into a weapon and Blake swung, he drew blood.

The man screamed, Blake swung again, and again, again, again. He swung at the man until he stopped screaming .

He took the weapon and aimed for the silhouette of a bulky, armoured soldier.

He pressed the trigger down and held the weapon firm, the man fell blaspheming.

He fell down low as another hail of bullets were unloaded, but as quickly as it started, it stopped.

The smell of gunpowder was strong, the air was clearing of wall-dust. Blake looked for his brothers.

He immediately saw Red beating one of the officers to a pulp with Thomas and Samuel by his side, holding an officer down while the other punched.

"We have to go..." Blake murmured, walking towards the window.

"Now."

They took what they could, weapons, armour, money, essentials. They didn't know why this had happened or how. All they did know was that a horde of heavily-weaponised special forces were chasing them, they were outlaws, outcasts. They will fight for survival. They needed to know why.

Why were the police doing this? Were they corrupted? Were the brothers a threat? Maybe.

They ran through the streets, they were strangely empty, maybe people were told to stay inside, maybe the roads were cut off for the police.

They stopped to catch their breath. 

An eery silence was stuck between them, their breaths getting carried away with the cold days air.

"Why?" Samuel said "Why did they do that? What was the point? Why us?"

"I don't bloody know!" Blake yelled, taking charge. "All I know is that they just ruined our bloody house." He said, a somber tone covering the flash of anger and confusion.

"We're done for," Thomas said beside him. "We can't go back. What about Kate?" Worries for their sister flooded their minds. "What do we do?"

"Fight," Red said, his tone serious. "We fight."

"We're only 4 men, and Blake's only bloody 23." Samuel said, his sing-song Irish accent contaminated with hopelessness.

"What about Jack?" Blake piped up. "He's a brilliant fighter."

"He's ignorant."

"In a good way."

"No."

"Yes."

"Fine."

"What about Cameron?"

"What about her?"

"She's pretty helpful."

"She does have a shotgun."

"I don't see-"

"We need fighters." Red demanded a second of thought.

They stood there, pondering what to do next.

"This is gonna become war," Blake said, his head down. "And this is gonna be our war."

***

THANKS FOR READING!