Chapter 28: Going to Forest of Darkness(1)

The discussion between Cale and the Whales ended very well.

Both sides have the advantage. Cale helps the Whales find the source of the mermaid's strength in the Forest of Darkness and the Whale provides Cale their strength two times whenever Cale asks.

The black dragon revealed himself also pretty shocking, well only for Beacrox not the Whales since the Whale, Witira already suspect that there's a strong mage was beside Cale but still shocking seeing a dragon together with a human.

"Must you go to the Forest of Darkness with the Whales?" Beacrox finally opened his mouth when they were already far enough from the Whale siblings.

"Of course, if it's not me, who going to show them around?"

"But you neither ever going to the Forest of Darkness."

That was correct. Cale has never gone to the Forest of Darkness before but she does have the idea of which swamp Paseton mentioned.

She had the information from the book [ The Birth of Hero ] anyway, but she knew that information was not too accurate. At least, she had something that she can rely on for her trips to the Forest of Darkness.

"I do have some knowledge about the Forest of Darkness though."

Beacrox frowned after hearing that, unsatisfied with Cale's answer.

However, he didn't even ask about the information nor how did she get it. He just stayed as he followed Cale to the communication room.

After giving her message to the crown prince about her intention on buying the Magic Tower, Cale went back to her room. Beacrox was still following her from behind.

"I know a dragon will be with you, but to make sure that you are safe, I'll be also going to the Forest of Darkness with you."

Beacrox started to speak as soon as they arrived inside Cale's room. Knowing that Beacrox will follow her made Cale frown. However, Cale had no intention on reject Beacrox's offer so she nodded her head.

"Do whatever you want."

•••••••

The next day, Cale immediately headed to the Harris Village with the Whales, the Wolf children, Beacrox, the kittens, the black dragon, and Hilsman as soon as she got her approval from her father.

It was not a good sight to see when they arrived at Harris Village. Everywhere and everything was black.

"It's worse than I thought."

Choi Han had told her that he only did a simple funeral for the villagers so where were the assassins' bodies?

The investigation team also said that they find no trace of the assassins including the bodies. That means Choi Han murdered them all and destroyed their flesh and bone until they turned into dust.

'What terrifying things to think about.'

Cale puts her thoughts aside as she looked at the Whales, the kittens, and Beacrox. It was about time they entered the forest.

"Hilsman."

Cale looked at Hilsman who was standing near her.

"Take care of everything."

"Yes, ma'am!"

As soon as Cale spoke her order, the Whale jumped up on top of the gate that was separating Harris Village and the Forest of Darkness while Cale, the kittens, and Beacrox were floating with the black dragon's magic.

Cale already told everything about what she needed to do to Hilsman so that he could help her cover up things later.

"So where should we go?" Paseton asked as soon as they landed on the ground.