Chapter 23: Ubarr Territory(3)

As soon as Cale obtained the wind ancient power, Sound of The Wind, she entered the cave under the Cliff of Wind. The Black Dragon arrived a few seconds after.

– Weak human, you are not hurt.

Hearing the Black Dragon speak in her mind, makes Cale goosebumps. There was only one reason why the Black Dragon will speak in her mind.

It was because there was someone unfamiliar nearby.

– There is a lifeform inside this cave. Although it is almost dead.

Pssssssss. Pssssssss.

Cale flinched.

She could hear something dragging inside the cave and started to contemplate her choices.

‘Jump back into the water? Or ask the Dragon to take me home right now?’

Knowing it makes Cale gulp. She was scared that there will be other dangerous creatures aside from mermaid inside the cave. Since she didn't sense any dark aura, she knew that it was not a mermaid.

Psssssssss. Pssssssss. Pssss.

But that dragging noise became more urgent and the lifeform revealed itself before Cale could make up her mind.

“P, please save me.”

Cale's body froze.

‘No way.’

“There is something I must accomplish. I, cannot, d, die here!”

A human looking existence, with its horrendously scratched up leg dragging behind it, approached Cale.

There was a green fluid on the scratches that made the existence continue to vomit up blood. That was clearly the work of a mermaid.

“P, please-.”

It was a whale.

This beautiful human with messy hair that was crawling toward Cale with his hands, was a whale.

– Weak human, did you catch a cold? Your face is pale.

The Black Dragon was talking into Cale’s mind, but Cale could not hear it. Cale felt like she was facing a scene straight out of a horror movie.

An injured, almost dead, member of the Whale Tribe had revealed himself to Cale.

‘Should I run?’

But that Whale’s pupils were accurately looking at her. He also seemed to be putting strength into his hands, as Cale could see the Whale’s fingers digging into the ground. His strength was unbelievable even though he seemed to be close to death.

However, Cale's mind was filled with questions.

‘A Whale tribe member being hurt by mermaid poison?’

There's no doubt. The Whale in front of her was a mixed blood.

Paseton.

Cale still remembered the content of [Birth of Hero], that the King Whale had one mixed-blood child. However, that one was already dead.