Chapter 20: Goddess with Silver Shield

Cale looked at dumbfounded Alberu with a smile on her face. She didn't know what was so shocking about her asking the reward to be money.

Instead of everything that Alberu said, a higher title, medal, land, and own faction, money is more important when the war breaks out in the future.

"To buy alcohol?"

Cale pretending to be shocked.

"Gasp. How did you know, your highness?"

Cale could see that Alberu was frowning. His reaction was kinda funny. Cale smiled as she put her hand on her cheek. She then started to speak.

"You know your highness since I am a girl now, I also need to take care of my appearance. I need a lot of beauty products for my face so that I don't look ugly. No man wants to marry an ugly girl, right?"

Alberu's expression darkened and Cale could see it clearly. However, not even a second that expression disappeared on Alberu's face.

Cale frowned.

'What was that?'

But her frown soln disappeared when Alberu started to speak.

"You want to marry a man?"

"Maybe? Since I am a girl."

Even though it is obvious that a girl had to marry a man but for Cale who was originally a man, it would be confusing.

'Perhaps Cale was into a guy from the start.'

Alberu's heart started to race. If Cale's taste was really in that direction, that's mean he had a chance.

Alberu subconsciously blushed when he thought that Cale was in love with him.

'It will be beautiful.'

While Alberu was busy with his thoughts, he failed to realize that Cale was staring at him. She was raising her brows as he looked at Alberu's flushed face.

She started to look around.

'The room temperature is fine so why the crown prince's face is red?'

"Just kidding, I don't plan on getting married."

At that moment, Alberu immediately looked at Cale.

"Huh?"

Alberu blinked his eyes once.

"Getting married? Pfft. Before getting married, you need to fall in love, and falling in love is the most cheesy thing to do."

Cale laughed while Alberu's brows lowered and the corner of his lips drawn downwards as he looked at Cale.

"Besides, who would fall for me? I used to be a man and I am indeed trash."

'I am!'

"Even if there any man who proposed me, I'll reject them immediately."

'Getting married is just a bother to achieve my slacker life.'

However, Cale didn't say that out loud.

Cale glanced at Alberu. Her eyes widened when she saw his expression. He looked hurt.

'Is he perhaps suddenly feel ill?'

"Your highness, you don't look good. You need some rest."

Cale started to get concerned. If the crown prince falls ill, who will arrange her reward?

When Cale is about to touch Alberu's shoulder, he immediately stood up left Cale's hand hanging in the air.

"You are right, lady Cale. I don't really feel good. I think I need some rest."