Chapter 3: Concerns

"Honey."

Deruth looked at Violan that was calling for him. Her face was clearly showed that she was worried and Deruth knew what exactly it was.

It was none other than their son, no, daughter, Cale Henituse.

"How about we send a knight to accompany her secretly?"

"She'll hate it."

"That's why I said secretly."

Violan sighed seeing Deruth's hesitation in putting a tail on his daughter, Cale since he knew that she might not like it.

Violan knew Deruth didn't want to send people to look after Cale secretly because he was afraid that Cale might throw tantrum, but if an unexpected thing happens again same as last night, Cale might get hurt and Violan doesn't want that to happen either Deruth.

However, Deruth seemed to be scared of sending people to look after his daughter without his daughter's approval.

"I'll send some people if she returns late at night."

Deruth's answer makes Violan sigh in unsatisfactory.

"Deruth, even in daytime something bad can happen, you know."

"..... ."

Violan shook her head faintly seeing her husband's quietness. That was not the response she hoping for.

"Cale is now a girl, Deruth, and the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I know you are well aware of that. It's not hurt to secretly send one person to look after her before something happens to her that makes us regret it for the rest of our life."

There were a few seconds of quietness before Deruth responded.

".... I.. know."

"I said that because I am a woman, Deruth, and I know what being a woman feels like, but Cale was born a man so she didn't know how being a girl is like. She was unfamiliar with it."

"....."

This time, Violan couldn't help but to pinched her forehead that was wrinkled. She really disappointed with her husband's behavior.

She knew there were lots of things in Deruth's mind and the incident where Cale was almost harassed by a drunk man was one of them.

For Violan, if sending people to look after Cale for her safety, she didn't mind if Cale throw a tantrum or was mad at her. She rather has that than have her stepdaughter get hurt.

So, why can't her husband have the same thoughts?

Seeing that her husband was already lost in thoughts, Violan walked towards the door and then opened it.

"I'll take my leave now," She said without waiting for Deruth's reply.

Bang

The door slammed closed right after Violan exited the room.

At that moment, Deruth finally released a heavy sigh, or more correctly exhausted one.