Chapter 31: A new way of living

Zacznij od początku

After returning from that final trip, Hornet no longer wanted anything to do with him, it took him a full year to regain her trust and love, plus he had to compete with all the other noble suitors who courted her. With much effort he was victorious before them and managed to marry his beloved, but even so the distrust remained in her, always thinking that he would leave her again without saying anything. It took 5 more years of impeccable behavior for him to finally convince her that he would not leave her and allow him to be the father of the children he longed to have.

"But Hornet..."

"It's enough! Look Quirrel, unless you get irrefutable proof that Ania is suspicious of something, she will be the babysitter for the children and that is my last word. Now if you'll excuse me I have things to do."

The spider queen turned and left the bedroom.

Quirrel clenched his fists in frustration, walked to the bed and hit a pillow with all his might, but that wasn't enough to vent all his anger, so more punches followed, all charged with strength and rage.

The pill bug would have continued in that cathartic activity for a while longer had it not been for a little touch on his leg that woke him from his thoughts. Something surprised, he looked down and found his son who was watching him curiously.

"Ah Chester, shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"Yi..."

"Come here, I'll take you back to the nest." He lifted the child in his arms and headed towards the tunnel hidden behind a curtain where the little ones had their nest. Now Quirrel had free access to it and could see them whenever he wanted.

He deposited the little boy with his sisters, but he didn't seem very interested in sleeping.

"Chester, really, can't you stay calm even at night?"

"Buugah yi!"

"I guess I'll have to take out the heavy artillery."

In the couple of weeks that he had been a father, Quirrel had already discovered a very effective method of putting a rebellious child like Chester to sleep, patting him on the head. Immediately the boy felt relaxed and then sleepy, but he was still determined to stay awake, however, when Quirrel began to sing his lullaby, he could no longer resist it, he closed his eyes and gave himself to the world of dreams.

The pill bug observed them with pride and happiness, those three were his treasure and he did not think to allow anything bad to happen to any of them, he would definitely find irrefutable proof of Ania's bad intentions.

.................................................. .........................

In Green Lands another couple of bugs were facing an awkward situation.

In a cozy guest room located in Clare's lair, a certain convalescent mantis was lying on a bed of moss with her claw gently pressing her abdomen, it was the place where she had received the wound that almost cost her her life. At that time it did not hurt her, but she couldn't help feeling vulnerable and wanting to protect that weak spot, especially now that she felt threatened.

Not that the person in front of her was going to hurt her, after everything he had done for her, such an idea would never cross her mind, but the fury that the knight projected caused her insecurity, she had never seen him like this.

Hollow was shaking and breathing hard, his hands gripping his magic board with such force it looked like he would break it at any moment, and the message written on it was so shaky and sharp it was a bit difficult to decipher.