Redemption Arc Party (1/2)

The following day, Celestia awoke to raise the sun and Discord was still asleep beside her. She took this opportunity to plan.  Hmm I have an idea. I should throw a party! I mean parties seem to be a big part of our culture so that should help both the citizens and Discord get to know each other and he can prove he's no longer evil! Yes, that's what I'll do.  Celestia thought to herself while writing down the plans for said occasion.  "Oooh I'll go as well. Someone has to be there to stop anything bad from happening hehe." A voice in the back of her mind was adding on to what she said and to make sure he doesn't get taken away again. She continued talking to no one, "The party HAS to be today. It could be a reintroduction to society party, but that just sounds strange. What do I call it?" She paced around her room.

While she was in her room, some rumors were starting to spread around the castle. One of the servants spoke to another. "Is it just me or does the Princess seem to be acting kind of strange ever since 3 days ago?"  "It's true! While I was sweeping the hallway that morning she just ran out of her room like something big had happened. It really shook me up and when I asked around another guard told me that she had already left the building before anyone could ask!" "Yeah I see what you mean, oh and you know what else it strange?" The first servant asked sarcastically. "The fact that she freed an ancient evil that was apparently behind us in the statue garden the whole time!" "Oh yeah that's strange also..." The second servant chuckled nervously. While they just finished the first part of their conversation, a guard happened to be walking  by. "I hear you guys are talking about that guy that used to be a statue but isn't anymore. I never knew the princess could turn statues alive!" This guard was not that bright but never meant any harm to anyone. "Sometimes I wonder how you even passed your training exams." The first servant responded rather harshly before face hoofing. 

Back to the Princess's room, Discord had finally woken up and Celestia had just finished sending a letter  than turned around. "Oh! Good morning dear!" She walked over to the bed and nuzzled him. Discord rubbed his eyes and chuckled. "Oh Celestia, we just got back together and you are acting like we are an old married couple!" When she heard those words it made her swoon. Married! Oh how excited I am!  She giggled "Well while, you were asleep I planned a party for you to get to know some ponies later today!" He groaned "Do I have to? I'm fine just not knowing anyone." "Nope you have to do it or you'll never get better! Now come on and get up!" "Ugh, Fine." 

After a few hours of playful antics with each other, it was time for the party. "Say Celestia, where are we going for this thing anyway?" "We are going to a town called Ponyville, everyone there is friendly!" "Yeah..." In the Ponyville Town Hall,  There were ponies dancing and eating and having fun. Except for the main six who were running around making sure everything was perfect for when the princess arrived. Twilight was instructed to tell everyone what the party was for and to not run away when the couple arrives. "Alright everypony!" The music stopped and everyone turned to look. "As you all know, the Princess is on her way over with a visitor and she has informed me that it might not be someone that you remember in a fond way. She also told me to convey the message that you should not run away as soon as they arrive because she has a message for everyone. And also, I know how you all feel in advance." Twilight said the last part annoyingly and went back stage with an annoyed expression. "Jeez this has to be one of the most- Oh hello Princess Celestia!" She smiled nervously and bowed. When she looked up she gave Discord the dirtiest look and saw he was holding her hoof! Her dirty expression quickly turned into a shocked one and he just stuck his tongue out quietly.  "Hello Twilight! I will be right back I just need to make this speech before everyone freaks out. I apologize." They broke apart and she went onto the stage. Twilight was too shocked to move and sat there with her mouth agape. 

"Hello my fellow subjects! I assume my student Twilight Sparkle told all of you the reason that I am here and she mentioned that I bought someone with me. Now please promise me that you won't make a big deal about this just know that I have it under control so if anything happens, I am here. I would like you all to welcome the new Discord!" He walked onto the stage and started blowing kisses and made flowers fall onto himself. The crowd was murmuring in disbelief to each other. "Now I know that he has done some things in the past but he is working on being a better creature. I hope that everyone gets along and has a good time. Thank you." She bowed and walked back stage. Discord was busy waving at everyone in different ways and batting his eyes. When he realized she was gone he quickly followed. It was awkward. Pinkie Pie tried to diffuse the crowd "Who's ready to party!" It was like she cast a magic spell with those words and went over to the DJ booth with DJ Pon-3 and turned the music back on. Everyone started cheering and went back to having fun. Their were some ponies in the crowd who couldn't be moved by it though.  "Ooh that one is fun! Funny I remember her defeating me. Doesn't seem like she would to be honest."  "That's Pinkie Pie and  you are right that your chaos seems like her brand." "So why is she allowed to just go around and do that but I can't?" "That's because she knows how to have fun in the proper amount so it doesn't disturb others. You can do that also." "Huh." He thought about it while they walked from backstage and into the main room.