GRUNGE EDUCATION

Here's a brief lecture on GRUNGE !
Most of the information here are from Wikipedia so go there if you want more info :-)
___________\\\\__________
Grunge is a subgenre of alternative rock that emerged during the mid-1980s in the American state of Washington, particularly in Seattle. The early grunge movement revolved around Seattle's independent label "Sub Pop", but by the 1990s its popularity had spread.

Inspired by hardcore punk and heavy metal, grunge is generally characterized by heavily distorted electric guitars, constructing song dynamics, "growling" vocals and apathetic or angst-filled lyrics. The grunge aesthetic was stripped-down compared with other forms of rock music, and many grunge musicians were noted for their unkempt appearances and rejections of theatrics.
Often characterized by a sludgy guitar sound that uses a high level of distortion, fuzz and feedback effects, grunge fuses elements of hardcore punk and heavy metal, although some bands performed with more emphasis on one or the other. The music shares with punk a raw sound and similar lyrical concerns.[1] However, it also involves much slower tempos, dissonant harmonies, and more complex instrumentation-which is reminiscent of heavy metal. Lyrics are typically angst-filled, often addressing themes such as social alienation, apathy, confinement, and a desire for freedom.

Famous, successful grunge bands that boosted the popularity of alternative rock and made grunge the most popular form of rock music at the time included Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Ten Soundgarden and Stone Temple Pilots. Although most grunge bands had disbanded or faded from view by the late 1990s, their influences continues to affect modern rock music.

__________________________
Here it is !! The lecture on grunge for those of you who wants to know ! I probably got this entire thing from Wikipedia so yeah 😅😅 Leave more suggestions for me 💘

Xoxo, Brooklyn