Chapter Twenty Three

They say I changed a lot, I say a lot changed me.

______________________________________

Irina's point of view:

This will be the first time in my entire life that I won't have interest in the novel I am reading. I couldn't concentrate on it. I get distracted easily by my thoughts. I guess I have a lot going on in my head. 

I closed the novel and threw it in my bed, I stood up from my bed and went out of my room. I guess I need some fresh air.

Something caught my attention, the door of Roman's room is slightly opened and it is filled with smoke and the smell of cigarettes.

Does Roman smoke?

I walked there and entered his room. Mind you, I sneaked in inside his room, I opened his door gently so that he wouldn't know someone was entering his room. 

I know I shouldn't be here but I just decided to enter the Lions den due to my curiosity.

"Alexia, lock the door" Roman said. I can't believe he is in his room, sitting on his couch.

"The door has been locked." the computer replied.

"What the fuck?" I said to myself but loudly.

"What are you doing in my room?" He asked me where he was sitting.

"I came to check if everything is ok here since there was a lot of smoke coming out of one room." I replied to him.

I shouldn't have come here in the first place. I knew I was looking for trouble when I didn't branch into his room.

"Do you have a problem with that? With the smoke?" He asked as he stood up from his couch and sat on his bed. I hate that damn bed. It holds a horrible memory for me.

"Yes, kind of. There was too much smoke." I said.

"Is it affecting you in any way?" He asked.

"Yes. You are smoking."

"So?" He raised his brow.

"Okay, you may not know this but I will tell you now, smoking affects the secondary smoker the most. I am the secondary smoker right now while I am the primary smoker. When you release the smoke while another person who isn't smoking is there, it is dangerous for such a person because the smoke hits the person before anything else." I explained to him.

"I know everything you are talking about, I have a degree in medicine and surgery. But I am not smoking right now so who is the secondary smoker?" He asked.

He is dumb or what?

"I am"

"Did I come to your room to smoke or did I call you to my room when I was smoking? Answer me, you came inside my room majestically, so why are you complaining since I am smoking in my room?" He stared at me waiting for answers.

He is right about that. He is smoking in his room, it was none of my business. I was just trying to satisfy my curiosity and that led me to this mess.

"Well smoking is not good for your health. Don't forget what is written on the packet 'Smokers are liable to die young'. You should quit smoking." I advised him like a civilized person that I am.

"I don't smoke cigarettes, I smoke weed. Weed is medicinal to health and I have told you before, I already know what you are talking about." His response holds so much frustration. Maybe I am here to frustrate him though.