For a while, nothing was said, and every person seemed to understand the unspoken meaning of the brief silence.

It was an honor in advance to the ones that would definitely fall in this fight.

It was inevitable.

"Well heroes... Shall we proceed?"

««•••»»

Behind him stood Hestia, Hades, Hephaestus and Nyx, each of the four pointing a weapon in the direction of the large group of enemies that were situated in front of them.

The sight of what stood before him almost left him disgusted, yet, he couldn't find it in himself to be surprised.

Amongst the crowd, were the faces of the monsters that had once fought in the ranks of his army.

Monsters that had been trained personally by him.

He paid no mind to the leader of the group, his eyes staying trained onto the individuals he had once put his trust into for the sake of victory.

At the presence of their General, the monsters bowed their heads, lifting their weapons slightly and hitting the ends onto the ground, standing at attention in salute to him, all while avoiding contact with his eyes.

"What treachery is this?" Perseus asked, walking forward and forcing the army back as he made his way to the individual that stood with his head held high, at the front of the opposing lines. "And who are you."

The person in front of him was pale in complexion, having golden eyes that he recognized all too well and carefully groomed brown hair. He had a familiar smirk and a devious look on his face, holding a double edged tempered steel and celestial bronze blade in his right hand.

Of course, by seeing the features of the blade, Perseus knew who this was. He felt a smile of his own appearing onto his lips, looking calmly sinister as he locked eyes with his old enemy. Before Perseus could speak, the man stuck his hand out for him to shake.

"Well, I suppose I must introduce myself."
"I am Kronos, but I don't remember that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting you. Please, enlighten me on who you are."

Kronos spoke to the General politely, as if he hadn't come with an army of soldiers, intending to launch an attack upon them.

Perseus, however, was in no mood for games. He took the hand and shook it hostilely, crushing the flesh covered bones of Kronos' fingers, blatantly disrespecting the king of the Titans.

"It has been a long time, Kronos."

His voice held no sign of friendliness in it.

"But I would've hoped that you would not forget the last time we've crossed paths."

Kronos looked confused, but the pain of the General's hold on him because overwhelming. He yanked his hand away, holding it with the other and clutching it like a gushing wound, amusing Perseus in the process.

Through bared teeth, the Titan spoke. "I ask again. Who are you."

Perseus smiled, his eyes churning like raging cyclone.