7. Untouchable

Perses- Titan of Destruction, The Titan, Destruction, etc.
Perseus- Demi-primordial, red irised, Nyx's General, Champion of Hades, Hestia and Hephaestus, former son of Poseidon- (In case the titles confuse you during this chapter because these a lot of those.)

'A promise is only as good as the person that gives it.'

Both primordials looked at Perseus as if he were crazy. They both knew that it was a long shot, and with the war drawing so close, it was too dangerous to lose him.

"Perseus no. You can't do that. It's too risky. I- We need you." Nyx told him. He softened at the sight of her worry, but there was no changing his mind. He had already accepted what had to be done.

"I have to. If I don't, then Tartarus can use Perses to destroy our bases. We cannot allow that. I know it's a risk but you have to trust me." He said to her in a soft tone, which was unlike the way he spoke to anyone else.

Both women nodded, though still hesitant to let him go by himself. He opened his arms in the direction of Hemera. She strutted up to him and hugged him. She put her head in the crook of his neck. "Come back to us. I trust you." She whispered to him.

"You know I will." He gave a small smile.

He let go of her and turned to Nyx. He moved up to her and placed his arms around her. "Be careful. I don't want to lose you." She told him. He slightly pushed her off so that he could see her face. He kept his hands on her shoulders and brought his lips down to her cheek, pressing a soft kiss on it.

"Don't worry. I'll come back. I'll be here in time before the battle starts. You're not losing anything as long as I'm still here."

She held him tighter at his words.

"I have something for you." Her voice was almost a whisper when she said it. She pulled away from him and quickly dashed to her bedroom where she had left the black velvet box on the nightstand.

Perseus raised his eyebrows at her when he saw her returning with the box in her hands.

"Are you proposing?" He put a hand on his chest and wiped an imaginary tear from his eyes, still smiling. Because despite all of the senseless murders he had committed during his time in the pit. Despite all the cruel acts. And despite what he had become, there was still a little part of him the was still Percy Jackson and not Perseus. And that part only showed itself when he was around her. She was his anchor from madness.

She smiled and rolled her eyes at his question.

"No, silly." She handed him the box.

When he opened the box, he was astonished by the beauty of the items inside.

Two mesmerizing skulled black and golden rings. Diamonds studded at the inside of the skulls' eyes. The looked like they costed a fortune.

"Nyx, I-" he began, but she put a finger on his lips.

"They're just my way of saying thank you. For everything.

I had them enchanted this morning. After you finished training the army I took your swords and did the ritual. Go on. Try it out. Just twist the skull a little."

Perseus did as she instructed and twisted one of the rings. In his hands, appeared his two identical Stygian Iron Blades. He smirked. He wouldn't have to move around with his sheaths on across his back anymore.

"What's the other one for?" He asked her, gesturing to other ring.

She grinned at him, showing her perfectly white teeth.