chapter eight , by the water

after ellouise had left, i decided to test the waters- quite literally. 

i got up from the edge of the bed then got back down again in a flash. "fuck!" i curse loudly as i fall immediately to the hard floor with a thud. 

"ALDA ARE YOU OKAY?" armo straight away shouts from the next room over.

i yell back in response "YEAH NO I'M GREAT, THANK YOU!" ensuring he won't come in. slowly with caution, i get back up on my feet again and briefly wince at the pressure before limping over to the dresser drawers getting changed into the gorgeous bikini el brought for me.

 slowly with caution, i get back up on my feet again and briefly wince at the pressure before limping over to the dresser drawers getting changed into the gorgeous bikini el brought for me

-

i couldn't get enough of this place. it was exquisite. wherever you looked was amazement to behold. 

above the hilly land in the distance, is an atmosphere that deepens as it reaches towards the clear sky- without a cloud in sight. it was every favourite colour of mine, from the palest baby blue through royal and right to navy. the only sounds that could be heard were the faint sounds of birds chirping in the near-distance and soft waves crashing into each other close by. i take in a breath of the freshest and most comforting smell mother nature offers. everything about this was a dream come true. is it bad to say i never want to leave?

the pool's water deepens through an ombre of blues until it reaches a perfect crystal shade. a peaceful moment at last: well that was until i heard the door slide open and approaching footsteps.

"alda." crap, clay. i turn around slowly and show him a sweet smile.

"you need to be in bed. what the hell do you think you're doing-" just then he stops. i furrow my face at him before realizing his eyes were fixed on my body. he wasn't making an effort to try hide it either. part of me wanted to wrap my arms tightly around myself and curl into a ball. but the other part of me was restless and needy. what's the harm in having just a little fun?

"what? don't act like you've never seen a girl in a bikini before, maranzano. we all know you have." i tilt me head to the side. but still no response. instead, he fixates his gaze on my thigh tattoo in particular. i notice how much he stares at it. maybe he likes it. he flexes his jaw and lightly sighs.

thinking i couldn't hear him, he murmurs softly to himself "nothing compared to you." making the feeling of heat spread like wildfire across my face. 

though i notice how his face of perplexity fades as he draws his attention to the wide spread bruises after the other night. as much as i felt it was wrong to say, i liked them. they made me look even more badass.

now there was a silence. silence where we were stood starring into each other's eyes in utter lull. but the quietness was broken as clay when clay spoke. 

"what are you doing to me?" he almost groans as he moves closer trying to close the distance between us: not daring to pull his eyes away quite just yet. i take a step back myself before realizing i was standing dangerously close to the edge of the pool. it was then when an idea popped into my head: and one that was for sure going to leave me in so much bother.