chapter three , the lucid feeling

C.W - mentions of alcohol.

-

alda's pov 

stepping out of the taxi, i fumble with my keys to find the one which fits the front door.

the time was 7:35pm. i woke up this morning in a bed that was far from mine: not to mention clay laid asleep beside me. i sat there trying to recollect what had happened and how i'd ended up there. then i came to the realization i should probably leave before he wakes up, writing a fast note on a napkin then getting a taxi out of there.

that leads us to now. i was sat at my father's desk after visiting all the places i had memories of when i was younger. memories that had once brought such comfort, a smile deep from bones that radiate pure gold through skin, these were the ones to cherish and keep alive: yet i didn't feel a single thing.

instead, i did the responsible thing any adult should do when an inconvenience happens- drown all of your problems with extensive alcohol!

look, you didn't really expect me to stay sober after this, did you? i just needed to give myself a boost that's all.

i crouch down to unlock the glass cabinet strategically hidden on the bottom row of his bookshelves, pulling out an unopened bottle of hard liquor. i knew it was a terrible idea but i really wasn't sure what else i could do.

the first mouthful felt like a stinging ball of fire running all the way down the back of my throat, hitting the bottom of my stomach like a mound of coal as it did so. then following all the gulps after that, the enflamed feeling wearied away into nothing.

clutching the banister, i stagger my way up the staircase which seemed to be endless in this moment. when i finally manage to reach the top, i stumble my way into my bedroom then to the wardrobe: pulling out a short, blood-red sequin dress i've been saving. eagerly, i undress from the clothes i had slept in last night and pull up the dress.

spotting the taxi driver outside under the illuminated moonlight, i wobble out the grand front door and ask to be dropped off at the nearest nightclub

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

spotting the taxi driver outside under the illuminated moonlight, i wobble out the grand front door and ask to be dropped off at the nearest nightclub

-

3rd person pov

the doors flung open making the muffled sounds from inside heard. as mafalda walked in, the fluorescent, rainbow lights and intoxicating music that revved up the soul engulfed her completely. heartbeat on loudspeaker, as if you were invited to become one in that heavenly vibe. the feeling of euphoria ran through her veins moving all around her unsteady body.

she got exactly what she craved for, total permission to feel elation, to feel the sort of bond that was denied in the coldness of the long streets ahead. the first thing she did was go to the middle of the dance floor. with not a second to waste, alda joins in with the numerous groups of people swarmed together in swaying their arms and bodies carelessly side to side. strangers sweaty bodies brushing against one another to the bounding music in unison.