Connix was at ease with the situation, but Reeve had begun to lose her original resolve. All the way to the hangar, she had pestered him with questions about his plan. Now that the issue of what they were doing with Holdo was solved, she picked right back up where she had started.

"So what do we do now?" Reeve asked as they turned the corner.

"We stall," Poe answered. "Finn and Rose just need a little more time, and then we override the controls and make the jump to lightspeed. Simple as that."

She narrowed her eyes, sputtering. "Simple? You actually believe it's going to be simple?"

"It makes me feel better when I say it. We really don't have time to keep talking about this."

"It's going to work," Connix insisted. "I've been watching Holdo for the last hour, she isn't very quick on her feet now that she has all the stress over her head. We just need to get to the bridge, and then everything will work out."

Poe prayed a silent prayer to whoever was listening that Connix would be right.

They had almost made it to the doors when he heard his com beep with an incoming transmission. "Poe, we're almost there. Have the crew prep for lightspeed," Finn's voice said. He was breathing heavily, and Poe could hear heavy footsteps echoing in the background. "We've got our eyes on the tracker, all we have to do is disable it."

Poe walked quicker down the hallway. "Yeah I'm on it pal, you just hurry."

"Don't you worry," he heard Lando say. "Everything is under control."

It sounded like a bold faced lie.

The door to the bridge slid open and the three of them stepped through. "Clear the bridge. Escort the officers down to the hangar, we don't need them," he said as he brushed past the straight-backed officers that remained, weaving through the computers and heading straight for the central command.

"On it," Reeve said. A little too gleefully, but Poe didn't have time to worry about that.

Standing in his way was a certain golden protocol droid. "Commander--Captain--" Threepio sputtered, holding up an arm as if it might stop him. "Admiral Holdo was looking for you."

Poe slid into the command chair and pulled the computer screen closer to him. "Yeah, we spoke." He pressed the button on the side and switched the camera to the view of the hangar. So far, no one had moved.

"Sir, I am almost afraid to ask--"

"Good instinct, Threepio," Poe cut him off. "Go with that."

-ˋˏ★ˎˊ-

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐅 was really the only thing left in Lyra's mind. After Harter Kalonia excused herself, it was just the two of them alone in the medbay.

"Sit down before you fall over, kid," Leia said pointedly. Even after everything, her aunt's concern for her niece still remained.

Lyra made a quiet noise of assent as she sat down. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I just stepped out of a refrigerator. Other than the discomfort, it isn't anything you need to be worried about," Leia looked down at the floor and sighed. "Now, I know we don't have a lot of time, but I want to hear what happened from you first--"

"Everyone knows," Lyra blurted.

"You're going to have to give me a little more context than that."

"Everyone knows the truth about Skywalker. Holdo slipped up and accused you of nepotism, and everyone on the bridge heard her," Lyra explained more slowly.