Chapter Six:

Carlisle walked into the bathroom and sat down on his knees. Why was his wife so upset?

"Why does Charles keep on flooding my memory?" Esme asked. 

"It may be because you're a human now and your human experiences may be infecting your mind. There might be things that you didn't remember when you were a vampire that you remember now. I'm not sure." Carlisle replied. 

"I think I've finished. Can you step out for a minute?" Esme asked. 

"Of course." Carlisle replied.

Carlisle kissed Esme's head and left the room, shutting the door and making his way into the bedroom. He hated that Esme was remembering Charles. 

Esme walked into the bedroom and grabbed her pyjamas. She threw the other set at Carlisle.

"What's this for?" Carlisle asked. 

"Get dressed. I wanna watch a movie with you downstairs. I want normal 'couple time'." Esme explained. 

"Alright Boss." Carlisle joked. 

"I'm glad I'm the boss. It means that you're not." Esme said. 

Carlisle and Esme got dressed into their pyjamas (or for Carlisle, a set of pyjama bottoms and no shirt) before grabbing the quilt and making their way downstairs to watch a movie. 

"What shall we watch?" Carlisle asked. 

"Let's watch something on Netflix." Esme said as she snuggled into Carlisle and took the control from his hand. 

They decided to watch a romance movie even though they knew they were going to chat to each other. 

"What was the point in watching a movie when all we did was talk to each other?" Carlisle asked as he went off Netflix and went on to Disney+ instead. 

"A Disney movie?" Esme asked.

"How about a classic? Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs?" Carlisle asked. 

"Disney movies seem to be the only 'classic' genre of movie in your brain." Esme said. 

They settled on 'Bambi' and then 'Dumbo' was played afterwards. 

"Why are these movies so emotional?" Esme asked.

"Because it's Disney. He knew how to switch the emotional switch." Carlisle said.

Esme snuggled into Carlisle's side and his arms found there way around Esme's shoulders and onto her waist. 

"Why am I so happy here?" Esme asked. 

"Because you love me." Carlisle replied.

They were so happy together. For them two, it was Carlisle and Esme against the world. Esme and Carlisle enjoyed being pressed against each other as they found comfort in being in each other's arms.

For Carlisle, the centuries that he didn't have a mate, he was just getting ready for when Esme came along. He was getting himself ready for when he would meet his future wife.

"I'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason and I think that I spent centuries waiting for you just to get ready for you. I didn't know that me and you would end up married when I first met you when you were fifteen." Carlisle said. 

They were so happy. Carlisle and Esme enjoyed each others company because they were so happy in each others embrace. At least Esme's happy. She wasn't happy with Charles.