The final blow

I only had minor injuries.Mum on the other hand almost succumbed to the accident.Her backbone was badly injured and the doctor said she could never walk again.She was in the hospital for a week and finally it was the day she was getting discharged.As she finished the signing the papers,dad walked in with some documents and gave them to mum and told her to sign them to.

"Richard, you really want to do this now? Divorce papers right now I haven't even gotten out of the hospital."

"Just sign the damn papers,I don't have the whole day here!"he yelled at her.She did not speak again she just signed them and immediately dad was out of sight.I had never seen mum trying to fight her tears trying not to break down Infront of me.Finally aunt Jackie was here to pick us, she signed the discharge papers and we left to her house.i really did not like her but it's not like I had a choice.we could not go back home to dad and grandma's place was out of the question,it was a crime scene under investigation.Wow, I underestimated Aunt Jackie.Her place was beautiful, the decor, the choice of colours, everything was just beautiful.As I snooped around, they were downstairs talking.Mum said it adult talk.As I snooped around the rooms,I went to the master bedroom.i bumped into a card on the bed.it was a wedding invitation card.Richard woods Weds Mitchell Thompson.My dad was getting married.i was shocked.i mean not too shocked.i didn't want mum to find out so I hid it in the backpackThe following morning I went to school,it was another term.You know first days are never serious.

So I came home from school and I found mum sleeping.So unlike her she does not sleep during the day ever."mum,I'm home, wake up and help me do my homework,"She was not responding."muuum wake up, something happened in school,I couldn't wait to get home and tell you about it."Still sleeping.I shook her several times but she didn't wake up.I did not know what to do.I just sat there crying.Minutes later aunty got home only to find me crying.

"Sky what happened, what's wrong,"

"Mum is not waking up,"She checked her pulse and she went downstairs and did not tell me anything.I was in a web of confusion.later an ambulance arrived and mum was taken.we got in the car and followed it to the hospital."Sorry, you brought her in when it's too late, she could not make it.We are going to Carry out an autopsy to determine the cause of death ."the doctor explained.i did not hear anything my aunt said after that.i did not want to talk about it.i felt the kind of pain nothing could heal.

Two days later the results of the autopsy came in.There were traced of strychnine in her system.She committed suicide.

.