The Genesis of everything

We had just relocated to Texas,,,new beginning,,dad used to say...he got a new job and our family seemed perfect from an outsider POV ... But lemme tell you the real story...on the ground.. unedited

My name is sky by the way....I have a great memory...I remember everything... how it all started...I was ten years old and mum had asked dad to take me to his work place...when we arrived at the office,,he gave me his tablet to play games...tempo run was my favorite.After lunch I felt sleepy and I slept on the couch in dad's office,,,I was woken up by heavy breathing of someone...I opened my eyes and I saw it all..my dad was naked with the lady he introduced to me as his secretary... I saw everything.. it's an episode I couldn't get out of my head.They got dressed and when dad turned to look my way I pretended to be asleep.He gently woke me up 'babygirl,, it's time to go home '

He offered to drop the secretary at her place.. ofcourse she didn't say no...the whole time we were all quiet,, it was dad who broke the silence"Mitchell do you think sky heard us,,she is awfully quiet."

"Stop worrying she's just a kid she doesn't understand anything "

"Well if you say so"and they brushed it off.My mind must have wondered off that I didn't realize when we got home.My mum wasn't back yet so dad made a quick dinner and I went to bed.In the middle of the night I heard noises from a distance,it was mom and dad arguing.I got up,got closer to their bedroom,I couldn't really tell what they were arguing about but I did hear dad say"you are the biggest mistake I ever made in my life"Slowly I tiptoed to my bed and boom the next morning was here.

Moms POV.

Richard and I met twelve years ago.Then I was a house agent, my colleagues and I were off to close the houses whose tenants had not paid rent, Richard was one of them.He tried to plead with us not to close the house that he had nowhere to go,he was jobless had no friends to call .I really felt sorry for him so I asked for his number.After work I called him to check if he had found a place to crash and he said no.As good as I am I offered him my place before he could get back on his feet.Days turned into weeks he's still jobless after all the tamarcking,, I asked him to go for the rest of his things atleast we could cost share.I knew it wasn't the best decision but I did it anyway.I tried to pull a few strings and finally he Got a job.Slowly we got fond of each other,. lemme spare you a lot of details,here we are, married and with one daughter ,Sky.After I had given birth is when I saw changes in Richard.He stopped doing everything he used to do.He didn't touch me anymore,he stopped taking me to the hospital for sky check ups.I thought I was the problem because I was really a piece of work.i had been diagnosed with postpartum depression.I would cry over nothing, sometimes I didn't want to see anyone even Sky.On such days he'd take care of the baby.Mostly she'd survive on powdered milk.I started going to this support group and slowly I was back on my feet.The gym became my spot, two months and I had my body back But still Richard didn't want me anymore.He didn't say it out loud but I could see it, his actions were loud enough.Since then our marriage had been rocky,he became violent and abusive and I I took it all for my daughter.The last thing I wanted for her is to grow up in a broken family.Yes we were broken but I didn't want her to see just like that I learned to live with the new richard.it was a toxic relationship.Sometimes we would fight and we'd end up fucking if he was drunk.