Chapter- 8 confrontation

Start from the beginning

"This is the only place which is wide enough for a resort in the whole city," he said.

"I don't think so," she said, confidence dripping from her voice.

"Then suggest some places," he asked challengingly.

"There is a place on the east side of the city outskirts which is wide enough for this project and there lives a grandma with her grandchildren and was having a hard time raising them alone. So, if we can shift her to a comfortable place and offer her the perfect amount, we can use that land," she replied confidently.

I am impressed.

"I agree," I commented.

"I am also on her side," Adhya raised her hand. One after another, all agreed to her.

After the meeting, I went to my own office while she went to hers.

"Bhushan, cancel the remaining meetings," I ordered, as I am in no mood to attend another meeting now.

All my mind is occupied by my wife. Just how strong she is, how boldly she countered John, how smartly she thought about the resort, how confidently she talked in the meeting. This is the way I wanted my wife to be, but why didn't she tell me earlier? Does she want to trick me? So many questions running through my mind.

"Tell me the truth, Sid. You really didn't know this before?" Arjun asked as he came to my office.

"Ugg, I don't know Arjun. She never told me," I sighed.

"It's ok, we can ask her. Don't get irritated," he said.

"Hmm", I hummed in response.

.

.

I went home early today thinking she might not return yet, but to my surprise she was at home cooking in the kitchen.

"I want to talk to you," I stated, as I entered the kitchen.

She looked at me and gave me her best smile, which can reduce my tensions but not now, honey.

"How was your day?" she asked and forwarded me a cup of coffee.

"Do you have a split personality disorder or what?" I asked sarcastically. She was smirking in the morning and now smiling like nothing happened.

"No," she chuckled.
"That is my workplace, so I have to be a little firm and this is our house, so I am free to talk".

I looked at her for a solid 60 seconds and took the coffee from her, then we both walked to the living room.

"Why did you lie?" I asked directly while settling on the couch and she sat opposite to me.

"I never lied to you," she replied.

"Then why didn't you tell me that you are the CEO of the Sehari group?" I scoffed.

"You didn't ask me," she countered.

Yeah, I didn't ask her, but she could have told me, right?

I snapped at her.

"Don't look at me like that, Karthik. You never asked me what I studied, you never asked me where I am working, you never asked what I like and dislike," she shouted. "You don't even know what your wife is doing".

"But I asked yesterday. You didn't tell me then either," I remarked.

"You didn't ask but offered a job; however, I have told yesterday itself that I am working in the Sehari group."

"But you didn't tell me you are CEO".

"And you didn't ask me for my designation," she countered, raising her eyebrow.

Wow, she learned to talk back.

"Ok, leave it but I want to know you just tell me".

"What do you want to know?" she asked, sipping her coffee calmly.

"What's your full name?"

"Megha Sehari," she replied.

"What about your surname?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Roy!" she replied with a small smirk. "Megha Sehari Roy."

I thinned my brows... so done with her sarcasm.

"I mean, before our marriage?"

"I don't have one," she shrugged.

"What? Everyone has a surname, right?"

"But not me," she said in a low voice.

"Why?" I asked carefully, not knowing why she didn't have a surname.

"Because my dad forbade me using his surname," she said lightly.

"Why?" I frowned. How come a father forbids her daughter from using his surname?

"It's a long story and I am quite uncomfortable discussing this now," she replied.

"Then what about your mother's surname? you could use hers right," I asked.

"I don't want to," she replied.

This made me suspicious.

"Why?" I asked again.

"Because I want to prove to him that success doesn't need a surname," she spat and walked away from there directly without giving me another chance to ask further.

Prove to whom? Her father? Who is he?

We had our dinner in silence. She doesn't talk to me like every day. I also didn't initiate any conversation, either.

I was curious to know about just how a middle-class woman became a millionaire.

***

So, guys how is the chapter? tell me in comments ❣️

Do vote and comment your thoughts ❤

💜